Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire (Windows)

Written by  :  Horny-Bullant (56)
Written on  :  Nov 20, 2003

read more reviews by Horny-Bullant

Summary

A great end to the series

The Good

The big jump in graphics from Quest for glory 4 to Quest for glory 5 were quite astounding if you ask me. And the music in this game was the best I have ever heard. I could have been walking around the main city of Silmaria and the music would be sending tingles down my spine the whole time. Also the fact that if you enjoy the thieving aspect of games, this game actually gives the feeling that when you are breaking into a house, you are actually going to get in trouble if you are caught unlike in Baldur's gate where you could pick a lock and walk in the front door and the owner of the house would greet you and let you be off to your looting. And the scenery looks great for a game of its time anyway especially the city scape. So even though I have had to defend this game from criticism many times it is definitely a worthy end to the Quest for glory series.

The Bad

The same as all other Quest for glory games, the combat system could do with alot of work so it could be more than just the 'hack and slash' routine, a factor that has brought other games down on countless occasions. But apart from that I think it is a great game and well worth the time of any RPG or QFG fan.

The Bottom Line

As i've said, if you enjoyed the previous QFG's or you are a RPG fan then this game is a must.