DescriptionFive years after its predecessor, Railroad Tycoon 3 offers you the opportunity to build your own railroad empire, this time in full 3D. The most adventurous tycoons may even try to become wealthier than their competitors online. The game still revolves around the three key aspects that were featured in the previous game:
- Railroad building - Plot new routes, play with supply and demand, buy new locomotives in order to amass money.
- Economy - Buy up businesses and industries or open restaurants and hotels near your stations to become richer earlier.
- Stock Market - Invest in other rail companies, manipulate the market - the stock market may well make or break you.
- "铁路大亨3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Железнодорожный магнат 3" -- Russian spelling
- "Tielu Daheng 3" -- Chinese title
- "RT3" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
|A robust railroad management sim that improves on the previous games in the series.||Afterburner (477)|
|Another proof that better graphics don't always equal a better game||Cadorna (190)|
The Press Says
|Withingames||Nov 20, 2003||5 out of 5||100|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 2004||90|
|IGN||Nov 06, 2003||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Fragland.net||Dec 02, 2003||88 out of 100||88|
|Gamesmania||Nov 10, 2003||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Oct 31, 2003||8.7 out of 10||87|
|PC Action||Dec 08, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|Factornews||Nov 19, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec, 2003||76 out of 100||76|
|Joystick (French)||Dec, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Board gameIn 2005 a tie-in boardgame (featuring the same cover artwork) was released, simply entitled Railroad Tycoon.
- Game Industry Awards
- 2004 - Simulation of the Year
- 2003 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2003 - PC Empire Builder of the Year
- 2004 - The Green Banana Award (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Build Your Own Iron Horse Empire (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Railroad Tycoon 3 (September, 2004).)
- Official Site (News, Game Art, Downloads)