Not an American user?
DescriptionWhen a villain known only as Mr. Dark appears, trouble brews in Rayman's world. Mr. Dark captures the Toons - source of light and Rayman's friends. With no more light, evil creatures begin to roam, making the world unsafe for everyone. Its up to you, as Rayman, to free your friends and put an end to Mr. Dark's dastardly schemes!
Rayman is a side-scrolling platformer starring the titular Rayman, a big-nosed chap with no arms or legs. Rayman can jump and use his hair to hover for a short period of time. He can also attack by throwing his fists, or winding up his fists for a more powerful punch. He can occasionally find special power ups that grant him unlimited flying power, giving him the ability to navigate through tricky mazes.
Aside from the platforming action, the other notable feature of Rayman is its large, detailed and vibrant graphics, which have helped it to stand out from most other similar games in the genre.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
There are 56 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "雷曼" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Rayman Advance" -- Game Boy Advance title
- "レイマン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into TV series
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Rayman series
- Ubi Key games
|Rayman, a good game||scott beane (2)|
|Rayman, Rayman, Rayman, & RAYMAN!!!||Jim Fun (222)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Game Zero||1995||23 out of 25||92|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 18, 2010||5.5 out of 6||92|
|Privat Computer PC||1996||92 out of 100||92|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Jul, 1996||91 out of 100||91|
|Electric Playground||Jul 26, 1996||9 out of 10||90|
|GameSpot||Jun 11, 1996||7.4 out of 10||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled PortA SEGA 32X port was going to be released, but got cancelled due to the platform's declining popularity.
SalesRayman has the record for number of weeks on the UK all-formats top 40 chart with 261 weeks. That's more than five years.
- Rayman has no joints, he just has a head, body, hands and feet. The reason for this is that it was much easier to animate him that way.
- The DOS and Windows versions stored the opening and ending animations in a very unusual format: the video is completely separate from the audio. The audio for the animations is on the CD as CD Audio tracks. So in order to watch the intro and ending, a full install of the game is necessary, since a CD-ROM drive can not access data and audio tracks at the same time.
- Game Players
- 1995 Holiday Edition (Vol.8, No.13) - Best Jaguar Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Hoodlum HQ -- Info about rayman and sonic
- Wikipedia: Rayman -- Information about Rayman at Wikipedia
Andrew Hartnett (2266) added Rayman (Windows) on Aug 26, 2000
Michel Ancel, Bruno Bouvret, Gunther Galipot, Sacha Gentilhomme, Michaël Guez, Serge Hascoët, Christophe ThibautAnimation:
Kamal Aitmihoub, Sophie Esturgie, Jacques Exertier, David Gilson, Grégoire Pont, Véronique Rondello, Béatrice Sauterau, Alexandra Steible, Philippe Vindolet, Christian VolckmanBackground creation: