DescriptionWhen a villain known only as Mr. Dark appears, trouble brews in Rayman's world. Mr. Dark captures the Toons - source of light and Rayman's friends. With no more light, evil creatures begin to roam, making the world unsafe for everyone. Its up to you, as Rayman, to free your friends and put an end to Mr. Dark's dastardly schemes!
Rayman is a side-scrolling platformer starring the titular Rayman, a big-nosed chap with no arms or legs. Rayman can jump and use his hair to hover for a short period of time. He can also attack by throwing his fists, or winding up his fists for a more powerful punch. He can occasionally find special power ups that grant him unlimited flying power, giving him the ability to navigate through tricky mazes.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 137 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "雷曼" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Rayman Ultimate" -- Pocket PC title
- "Rayman Classic" -- Android / iOS title
- "Rayman Advance" -- Game Boy Advance title
- "レイマン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into TV series
- Launch title: PlayStation (North America)
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Rayman series
|Rayman, a good game||scott beane (2)|
|Rayman, Rayman, Rayman, & RAYMAN!!!||Jim Fun (252)||unrated|
|Privat Computer PC||1996||92 out of 100||92|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 18, 2010||5.5 out of 6||92|
|Game Zero||1995||23 out of 25||92|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Jul, 1996||91 out of 100||91|
|Electric Playground||Jul 26, 1996||9 out of 10||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Apr, 1996||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Jun 11, 1996||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GameTrip.net||Sep 06, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled PortsA SEGA 32X port was going to be released, but got cancelled due to the platform's declining popularity. A 3DO version was also planned as well, but cancelled due to technical issues.
SalesRayman has the record for number of weeks on the UK all-formats top 40 chart with 261 weeks. That's more than five years.
- Rayman has no joints, he just has a head, body, hands and feet. The reason for this is that it was much easier to animate him that way.
- The DOS and Windows versions stored the opening and ending animations in a very unusual format: the video is completely separate from the audio. The audio for the animations is on the CD as CD Audio tracks. So in order to watch the intro and ending, a full install of the game is necessary, since a CD-ROM drive can not access data and audio tracks at the same time.
- Game Players
- 1995 Holiday Edition (Vol.8, No.13) - Best Jaguar Game of the Year