Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (Windows)

Written by  :  Arejarn (726)
Written on  :  Aug 18, 2008

read more reviews by Arejarn

Summary

Awesomeness brought to a whole new level!

The Good

Whenever I thought of a Rayman game BEFORE, i always thought of it as a game for only younger audiences. It was obvious that Rayman 1 and 2 were 100% kid-friendly. But then, there was when I walked into my game shop and saw the first trailer for Rayman 3. And when I saw it; I realised that it wasn't just the old and classic Rayman, it was Rayman ON STEROIDS! That's right: the entire series was given a whole new look, badass enemies and over 50 levels of true entertainment! Now don't get me wrong, the previous games were great but they missed that retro charm that was supplied in Rayman 3!

When I started playing, I saw how this game got its praise: ACTUAL voice acting (unlike the last game), great graphics, most of the characters from the previous games and also a great fun factor to go along with this game.

Now you're probably thinking,"Hey Arejarn, you're giving this game too much credit!" or,"Hey this game may be good, but it will never be as good as Rayman Raving Rabbids!". Now to tell the truth, I never had that particular Rayman game but I am planning on getting it. But that is a completely different story. I will now move onto the flaws on this game.

The Bad

The only thing that I don't particularly like about this game is the fact that most of the characters from the last games could not be found in this game. For example: theres Ly, Razorbeard, Ssssam the Snake, Clark, The walking shell, the Magician, Betilla and Mr Dark and his minions.

All of the characters above were scrapped apart from Ly (who appears as a hidden statue in Rayman 3 and is in the GBA version), Razorbeard (exactly the same as Ly) and the walking shell (who is only playable in the GBA version).

The only recognisable characters that are seen in the 3d versions are Rayman, Globox, Murfy and the teensies. That is my only problem with this game!

The Bottom Line

Rayman 3 is definately worth your purchase, even if you truly think that this is nothing more than a generic adventure game it is definitely worth a try.

With a full load of bonuses, levels, comedic value as well as an ok plot; Rayman 3 is the top on my list of great games to play.