DescriptionRealmz is a tile-based fantasy role-playing game engine, running scenarios, which are separate stories with own collections of quests, items, NPCs etc. set in the game world.
A starting set of low-skill player characters is available, but the players may opt to generate their own. This pool of characters is then shared between the scenarios, gaining experience (skill levels).
There are 19 races (apart from the humans or elves there are also those less common, such as the leprechaun) and 19 castes (professions), with a detailed set of characteristics (even aging is taken into account).
Apart from maps, an automatic journal provides for easy play. Both travel and combat are turn-based.
While anyone may develop their own adventure using the (separately purchased) Divinity scenario editor (with story-specific items, NPCs etc.), 13 official scenarios were released:
- City of Bywater (included with the game)
- Prelude to Pestilence (1995)
- Assault on Giant Mountain (1995)
- Castle in The Clouds (1995)
- Destroy The Necronomicon (1995)
- White Dragon (1996)
- Grilochs Revenge (1997)
- Twin Sands of Time (1999)
- Trouble in the Sword Lands (1999)
- Mithril Vault (1999)
- Half Truth (2000)
- War in the Sword Lands (2000)
- Wrath of the Mind Lords (2002)
The game was made available for free in November 2008.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Shareware again?||1||MrFlibble (3390)
Jul 04, 2013
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Official website (Mirror of old Fantasoft's website - game manual, downloads)
- Realmz Castle (Yahoo! Groups discussion group)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.