Resident Evil 2 (Windows)

Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Mar 29, 2004

read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

Resident the same Evil 2

The Good

I was looking forward to this game, because I liked the first one. It was cool being in Resident Evil again with a new location to wander around in but it just was too similar to part 1. Capcom didn't decide to revamp any of the areas of part 1 which flawed it. I love the music in this game though, as well as part 1. They do well there. RE2 was a definitely worth a rent or 2 or 3 but I didn't think it was worth a buy.

The Bad

Inventory system still sucked, the player control was still difficult. The view still sometimes left you blind-fighting with a monster out of the view, very frustrating. I thought there was still a lack of ammo. Saving system was identical to RE1, which was not a good thing. The resolution on the PC version was terrible, very grainy and you couldn't adjust it. I thought the PS1 version had much better graphics.

The Bottom Line

Pretty fun, worth renting (back when it was released, probably could find it for 5 bucks now though) Worth owning now days but not back then. Fun for RE fans.