DescriptionA human space carrier reaches the "Outer Rim" to explore new worlds, obtain powerful technology and find tracks of an ancient alien race...
RIM is a 3D turn-based strategy game in the tradition of Battle Isle. It offers a simple and intuitive interface, six different races (humans, aliens, robots) and all in all 70 units with different weapons, special abilities and individual damage systems.
There is one campaign, with 28 long missions including scripting events and different goals.
Each turn has three phases:
- the moving phase (in this phase the computer moves and selects targets)
- the attacking phase with selecting targets and/or using special abilities
- the "entertainment phase" in which all attacking commands are performed and shown in a non-interactive real-time 3D movie sequence
- "Периферия" -- Russian title
- "RIM - Wojna o Planetę" -- Polish title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|PC Games (Germany)||May, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||May, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|Deaf Gamers||2002||7.8 out of 10||78|
|PC Action||May 02, 2001||76 out of 100||76|
|Gamesmania||May 06, 2001||76 out of 100||76|
|4Players.de||May 22, 2001||75 out of 100||75|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Jul, 2002||68 out of 100||68|
|PC Player (Germany)||May, 2001||58 out of 100||58|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 31, 2001||10 out of 20||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.