Advertising BlurbsWarCry Corp website:
- 12 challenging Road War Association (RWA) tracks. Each track has a unique layout as well as varying surfaces. The 12 tracks are also flipped around to give a total of 24 tracks to cruise your custom car through. Be warned, however, the tracks also fight back!
- 12 different characters, each with their own unique car - carrying unique attributes to fit your style of driving.
- Customize your car by spending cash earned while racing. You can equip all sides of your car with weapons to demolish your competitors, or armor your car to protect against attacks against you. It's possible to upgrade the speed and performance of your car in the garage, as well as change the tires you use to help give you the best traction available for each level. Car upgrades also come in multiple 'grades', allowing the player to choose just how tough they want their speed, acceleration, handling or defensive power.
- 3 different weapons systems with a total of more than 20 offensive or defensive pieces of hardware. Tired of cars getting in your way? No problem, zap them with a rocket launcher. Are your opponents getting too close? A smokescreen can take care of that.
- Play Single races, Season races or Multiplayer races with up to 8 players (human or computer) over LANs or the internet.
- Damage models/skins for all cars. Damage carries over from race to race, so make sure you hit the garage to fix up your ride before heading off to the next race!
- A killer soundtrack containing more than 15 songs designed specifically for the game by Mike Miller and The Method of US underground industrial synth-rock band gODHEAD. gODHEAD was the first band to join Marilyn Manson's record label, Posthuman Records. The band also toured with Manson. The energy of the music is felt from the first time you load Road Wars, right up until you are done with your session.
- Real-time 3D environment and sound with dynamic colored lights and alpha blending transparencies for outrageous explosions, fire, smoke trails and skid marks.
- Customizable control key and interface set-up, supporting keyboard, joystick, force feedback and steering wheel.
By the end of the 21st century, under a steadily increasing barrage of graphic violence and reality television, humanity had become so desensitized to violence that in order to get noticed a show had to go to the volatile extreme. In 2088 the first internationally broadcast human gladiatorial show was cancelled due to low ratings, after an outstanding 12 year run. Five years later, the network ended an eight year long guerrilla war in the short-lived Indochina Republic they had promoted for filming purposes, again due to low ratings. Even public executions were losing their flair, as evidenced by decreasing revenues through Pay-Per-View. Many began to believe there just wasn’t anything left to gather attention.
This is ROAD WARS. Long since replaced by safer and more convenient forms of transportation, gasoline powered automobiles were only in the hands of museums, collectors, and the extraordinarily lucky. Illegal to use in 178 of the world’s current 193 recognized nations, most people have only seen these machines running in classic films. ROAD WARS broke the ratings slump; the combination of destruction, violence, and illegal equipment was a hit, not to mention the boost of interest when the first race resulted in the permanent removal of one of the racers. Dozens of copycat programs have spawned, but none can match the original.
Welcome to the 13th season, contestant. If you choose to go on, you have some big tire treads to fill. If you’re lucky, you walk away with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If you’re not… well, you might walk away. Good Luck.
Contributed by Jeanne (75620) on Jul 13, 2009.
Welcome to the most insane racing sport ever created!
Multiplayer online with GameSpy Arcade!
* 12 highly detailed and atmospheric race tracks that shoot back at you, each with it's own unique challenges and hidden paths. All tracks can be raced both forwards and backwards, providing a total of 24 tracks.
* 12 different cars, each with it's own specialized characteristics and traits. The cars have customizable designs and top-rate physics, guaranteeing extreme accelleration [sic], high speed and lots of sliding action.
* 3 different weapons systems with a total of more than 20 offensive or defensive pieces of hardware. Enjoy the beauty of the 20 mm Cannon, the Plasma Blaster, the Hydraulic Ram, the Swarmer Missiles, the Gatling Gun, the Excalibur, the Missile Jammer, the Oil Slick, the Reactive Mines and many more.
* Real-time 3-D environment and sound with dynamic coloured lights and alpha blending transparencies for outrageous explosions, fire, smoke trails and skid marks.
* Fast and smooth 3D graphics, fully supporting 3D acceleration under DirectX 7 or later. Also MMX and AMD K6-2 with 3DNow support.
* Customizable control key and interface set-up, supporting keyboard, joystick, force feedback and steering wheel.
* Play Single races, Season races or Multiplayer races with up to 8 players (human or computer) over local nets or the internet.
* Exclusive soundtrack with more than 15 tracks specially designed for the game and each character/car by the world renowned industrial synth-rock band GODHEAD.
Contributed by ClydeFrog (10069) on Aug 29, 2002.