DescriptionIn this Real Time Strategy game, the player plays a wizard who escaped his own ruined world, only to arrive to a world who has quarreling gods, each trying to become the most powerful. On each of the different levels of the game, the Wizard can choose another God to support, and according to that God you'll get new spells and creatures. After finishing the game, each player will have his own unique set of spells.
As said before, this game is a real time strategy game, but unlike the traditional Top-Down view, it features a third-person view (much like Tomb Raider or Oni), and emphasizes combat rather than resources management. The most important resource, Souls, which is used to summon creatures, can only be obtained through combat- and there's a limited number of souls on the map.
The game's multiplayer option is very similar to Blizzard's Battle.Net- you can log on to the company's chat room and find new players to play with. You can either choose a God to serve (and get all of his creatures) or load one of your Single-player wizards, so you'll have your own unique set.
- "牺牲" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Жертвоприношение" -- Russian spelling
- "Xisheng" -- Chinese title
- "Sacrifice: Im Auftrag Der Götter" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
|Gamer's Pulse||Nov 22, 2000||99 out of 100||99|
|PC Gamer||2000||90 out of 100||90|
|Power Unlimited||Dec, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 2000||89 out of 100||89|
|Gamesmania.de||2000||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 28, 2000||17 out of 20||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 2000||83 out of 100||83|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jan, 2001||7.75 out of 10||78|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Apr 28, 2006||15 out of 20||75|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 20, 2000||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesSacrifice appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
EngineDid you know that Sacrifice was one of the first games to ever implement a scalable engine? That means that it would look better on better computers.
ReferencesEverybody knows Shiny's Earth Worm Jim, but nobody in our world ever heard about the Earth God James and his powerful bovine spells... Until now.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2001 (Issue #201) – Strategy Game of the Year
- 2000 – Special Award for Best Genre Bender
- PC Player
- Issue 01/2001 – Most Original Game in 2000
Related Web Sites
- Sacrifice (official website)
- Sacrifice Casts a Spell on Mac OS X (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Sacrifice, with commentary being provided by employees of MacPlay (October, 2001).)
- Sacrifice Center (Look up news, polls, interviews, forums, and game information on this site.)