Sega GT (Windows)

1.6
Written by  :  Twilightseer (252)
Written on  :  Feb 22, 2006
Rating  :  0.67 Stars0.67 Stars0.67 Stars0.67 Stars0.67 Stars
read more reviews by Twilightseer

Summary

A horrible gran turismo clone

The Good

There were plenty of cars and decent tracks, controls were good and it just looks like a gran turismo clone

The Bad

By far the worst game I have ever played, the physics engine was unrealistic, as cars have a tendency to glide around turns. Every car is the same in handling and speed so there's not much you can tune. The graphics are outdated compared to the Need for Speed Series, and are more of an eyesore which causes headaches and disorientation. The fact that you have to unlock everything and it takes quite a challenge to do so with the difficulty being the same, it's a real hard game to play especially if you're wiping out on every turn because of the handling of every car. There are a some major instability problems with the game, including desktop crashing or graphic glitch that turns your monitor into a disarrayed set of colors or you get a out of sync error. The patches doesn't help improve the overall quality of the game. It usually fixes graphic bugs but not the physical gameplay.

The Bottom Line

Stay away from this one, this game has problems, and it's a budget title, Stick with Need For Speed for they have better cars, tracks and addon capabilities.

(I ended up being so frustrated with the game that I smashed the CD into pieces and took a bunch headache meds)