Seiklus (Windows)

Seiklus Windows Main Menu - wait long enough and watch an alien land on the moon :)

MISSING COVER

Written by  :  Anym (193)
Written on  :  Oct 07, 2006

read more reviews by Anym

Summary

Not a game for everyone, but a game everyone should at least try

The Good

First of all, it's freeware! If it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have played it. Of course, there are lots of free games, so what sets this one apart? I actually find it hard to put it in words, but I think it's best described as beauty. Beauty and simplicity. If today's computer games are like action movies or fantasy books, this one's like an experimental short film or a poem.

The graphics are simple without being ugly and the gameplay is limited to the most basic actions in platformers: jumping and running (with a little bit of climbing and swimming). There are no enemies, no bottomless pits and hardly any story. Instead the fun comes from exploring the game's world and to a certain extent finding out what you actually have to do, which also means that saying any more would probably spoil it for you.

The Bad

It's quite short. As a commercial game it would probably have been a disappointment. Near the end of the game, you might have to walk long distances. And I found some of the music annoying.

The Bottom Line

It's a 2.4 MB download, it's free and it's legal. So, what do you have to lose? Just give it a try!