The grid also contain blockers for the SDUs and chaff grenades are provided to reveal a specific tile. Later levels add additional difficulties through noise frequency bombs that hide the number of bomb pieces or biological bombs that force the player to remember the duds as marking them deducts time.
The Free Play mode offers more challenges and options, and new ones are unlocked when completing the Classic Mode. By default, Free Play contains:
- Simulation Chamber: play quick games by determining a number of level settings such as the amount of pistons and chaff grenades, the bomb type, the background and foreground, and the time limit.
- Endurance Mode: the player needs to make his way through a huge split bomb with different quadrants. The amount of pistons is increased with each solved part.
- Blast Editor: design custom grids, play them, or share them with other users.
- Shell-Drop: a game mode with different stages where multiple bombs need to be defused and points are awarded based on the performance. In this mode the player has three lives and earns chaff grenades by completing stages.
- Puzzled: use a limited amount of SDUs to solve a puzzle with an infinite amount of time.
- Nuke: team up with an AI-controlled agent who helps solves the puzzles by performing certain moves. While playing, the character talks and sometimes asks to revert a decision.
' (IB Audio)