Not an American user?
DescriptionThe puzzle title Shellblast is a sequel to the Acidbomb games by the same developer. In the Classic Mode, the player needs to neutralize terrorist threats by disarming bombs through a puzzle game. After a tutorial, various levels with threats can be selected on a map. The bomb is shown on a grid with different tiles that can contain pieces of the bomb or empty duds. Through logical deduction, the player needs to figure out the essential tiles and mark them accordingly. This is done by moving SDUs (horizontal and vertical beams, with variations in later levels) over the grid. For the highlighted area, the number of detected pistons (vital pieces) is shown. The total amount of pieces for the bomb is also made clear. By comparing the detected pieces over different highlighted sections, certain tiles can be marked as pistons, as harmless or with a question mark when unsure. The bomb needs to be defused before time runs out.
The grid also contain blockers for the SDUs and chaff grenades are provided to reveal a specific tile. Later levels add additional difficulties through noise frequency bombs that hide the number of bomb pieces or biological bombs that force the player to remember the duds as marking them deducts time.
The Free Play mode offers more challenges and options, and new ones are unlocked when completing the Classic Mode. By default, Free Play contains:
- Simulation Chamber: play quick games by determining a number of level settings such as the amount of pistons and chaff grenades, the bomb type, the background and foreground, and the time limit.
- Endurance Mode: the player needs to make his way through a huge split bomb with different quadrants. The amount of pistons is increased with each solved part.
- Blast Editor: design custom grids, play them, or share them with other users.
- Shell-Drop: a game mode with different stages where multiple bombs need to be defused and points are awarded based on the performance. In this mode the player has three lives and earns chaff grenades by completing stages.
- Puzzled: use a limited amount of SDUs to solve a puzzle with an infinite amount of time.
- Nuke: team up with an AI-controlled agent who helps solves the puzzles by performing certain moves. While playing, the character talks and sometimes asks to revert a decision.
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Shellblast -- project page on the developer's website
Sciere (228102) added Shellblast (Windows) on Jul 25, 2009