Sherlock Holmes and his loyal sidekick Dr. Watson have been invited to a reception in Sherringford Hall. The wealthy industrial Sir Bromsby wants to commemorate the return of his daughter to England. As the host climbs the stage and starts to deliver his welcome speech, he is shot. Suspicion is immediately drawn towards his daughter, but Holmes decides to thoroughly investigate the case.Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
is a third-person point-and-click adventure set in 19th century England. Players control both Holmes and Watson, interrogating witnesses and suspects, and searching for material clues and evidence. Basic inventory equipment are a test tube, a tape measure and a magnifying glass, all of which can be used to examine the environment and other objects found. A few times in the game the player is taken to Holmes' lab desk, to analyze some substances or tissues.
Notes of all findings and conversations are automatically written down in a diary for future reference. At the end of each of the five days the game is divided in, a quiz has to be filled in correctly to progress.
- "银耳环疑案" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Шерлок Холмс: Загадка серебряной сережки" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring" -- Wii title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Případ stříbrné naušnice" -- Czech title
- "Sherlock Holmes: L’Orecchino d’Argento" -- Italian title
- "Sherlock Holmes i tajemnica srebrnego kolczyka" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: El Pendiente de Plata" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Case of Sherringford Hall" -- Working title
- "Les Aventures de Sherlock Holmes : la Boucle d'Argent" -- French title
- "Das Geheimnis des silbernen Ohrrings" -- German title
- "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring" -- UK title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
The end credits note that the game was based on a novel by Jalil Amr
. This doesn't refer to a published novel, but to something along the lines of fanfiction. Emailing Frogwares for more information about it, would result in a reply from the company's CEO Waël Amr
stating: "The author wishes the novel not to be public and anyway it’s in French!"
Much of the game takes place at Sherringford Hall. Sherringford Hope (or Holmes) and Ormond Sacker were Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
's original name choices for Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John (or James) Watson.
This entry was contributed by Nury (720)
and Jeanne (75619)