DescriptionSherlock Holmes, with the help of Dr. John H. Watson, investigates strange disappearances in relation to the activity of a secret cult of Cthulhu.
Unlike the fixed third-person perspective of the previous Frogwares title Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring, The Awakened's gameplay takes place in an entirely real-time 3D landscape and from a first-person perspective, losing the pre-rendered backgrounds of its predecessor.
Although the game has adopted the view popularized by the first-person shooter genre, it retains the point-and-click aspect of most adventure games, giving the player the ability to complete the game using the mouse alone.
- "Шерлок Холмс и секрет Ктулху" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Przebudzenie" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Procitnutí" -- Czech title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La nuit des sacrifiés" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La Aventura" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Die Spur der Erwachten" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Forgotten God" -- Working title
- "Sherlock Holmes 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Frogwares' Sherlock Holmes series
- Inspiration: Author - H. P. Lovecraft
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Setting: Belle Époque
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - New Orleans
|Not bad, not much related to Sherlock Holmes or the Cult of Cthulhu||thud (88)|
|Adventurearchiv||Dec 02, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|GameZone||Oct 01, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Puntaeclicca.it||Dec, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpot||Mar 27, 2007||8.3 out of 10||83|
|IGN||Sep 13, 2007||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Just Adventure||Feb 20, 2007||B||75|
|GamesWEB||Feb 15, 2007||70 out of 100||70|
|CyberMycha||Jun, 2007||4 out of 6||67|
|Fragland.net||May 01, 2007||63 out of 100||63|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Remastered EditionTwo years after the initial game, an enhanced remastered edition was released.
Related Web Sites