DescriptionSherlock Holmes, with the help of Dr. John H. Watson, investigates strange disappearances in relation to the activity of a secret cult of Cthulhu.
Unlike the fixed third-person perspective of the previous Frogwares title Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring, The Awakened's gameplay takes place in an entirely real-time 3D landscape and from a first-person perspective, losing the pre-rendered backgrounds of its predecessor.
Although the game has adopted the view popularized by the first-person shooter genre, it retains the point-and-click aspect of most adventure games, giving the player the ability to complete the game using the mouse alone.
- "Шерлок Холмс и секрет Ктулху" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Przebudzenie" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Procitnutí" -- Czech title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La nuit des sacrifiés" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La Aventura" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Die Spur der Erwachten" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Forgotten God" -- Working title
- "Sherlock Holmes 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Frogwares' Sherlock Holmes series
- Inspiration: Author - H. P. Lovecraft
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Setting: Belle Époque
|Not bad, not much related to Sherlock Holmes or the Cult of Cthulhu||thud (88)|
The Press Says
|Gamer.nl||Apr 04, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.de||Dec 11, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|TTGamer||Mar 06, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamesmania||Dec 14, 2006||67 out of 100||67|
|PC Action||Feb, 2007||67 out of 100||67|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Mar 17, 2007||64 out of 100||64|
|Gamekult||Dec 04, 2006||6 out of 10||60|
|Just Adventure||Nov 14, 2007||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaTwo years after the initial game, an enhanced remastered edition was released.
Related Web Sites