DescriptionSherlock Holmes, with the help of Dr. John H. Watson, investigates strange disappearances in relation to the activity of a secret cult of Cthulhu.
Unlike the fixed third-person perspective of the previous Frogwares title Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring, The Awakened's gameplay takes place in an entirely real-time 3D landscape and from a first-person perspective, losing the pre-rendered backgrounds of its predecessor.
Although the game has adopted the view popularized by the first-person shooter genre, it retains the point-and-click aspect of most adventure games, giving the player the ability to complete the game using the mouse alone.
- "Шерлок Холмс и секрет Ктулху" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Przebudzenie" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Procitnutí" -- Czech title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La nuit des sacrifiés" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La Aventura" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Die Spur der Erwachten" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Forgotten God" -- Working title
- "Sherlock Holmes 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Frogwares' Sherlock Holmes series
- Inspiration: Author - H. P. Lovecraft
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Setting: Belle Époque
|Not bad, not much related to Sherlock Holmes or the Cult of Cthulhu||thud (88)|
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||May 01, 2008||100|
|Game Chronicles||Nov 06, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Adventurearchiv||Dec 02, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Apr 30, 2007||83 out of 100||83|
|Eurogamer.de||Dec 11, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|PAL Gaming Network (PALGN)||Dec 29, 2006||6.5 out of 10||65|
|FZ||Feb 28, 2007||3 out of 5||60|
|Adventure Gamers||Mar 20, 2007||60|
|Just Adventure||Nov 14, 2007||C||50|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Apr 02, 2007||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaTwo years after the initial game, an enhanced remastered edition was released.
Related Web Sites