Silent Hill 4: The Room (Windows)

Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Jan 09, 2005
Rating  :  2.29 Stars2.29 Stars2.29 Stars2.29 Stars2.29 Stars

read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

Might have been cool, maybe the XBOX version is better...(?)

The Good

Classic eerie atmosphere that is bundled with any Silent Hill game. This game can be pretty creepy, aways good. The acting wasn't bad at all and the graphics were just as good, if not better than the rest of the series. Sound and music creates a great atmosphere for the game.

The Bad

The movement is down right horrible. I couldn't believe what I was dealing with. I can't believe Konami actually looked at the final product and thought it was acceptable. The movement is what caused me to sell the game within 4 days of owning it.

The way you have to look and examine objects is equally disappointing. I found it to be a headache and the frustration of trying to pick up an object took me right out of the game. Seriously, these two aspects of what I didn't like the game was enough to ruin the whole game for me.

The Bottom Line

I wouldn't recommend buying this game. Burn it for free or something, it might even be a waste of blank CDs. Play the demo, you'll see what I mean, the movement and character interaction is a joke. Either don't buy this game, or steal it.... don't waste your cash on this piece a junk.