SimCity 3000 (Windows)

Everyone
Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1152)
Written on  :  Jun 11, 2001
Rating  :  4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars

read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

Great intro, great gameplay, wonderfull design, Poor replayability

The Good

This title in many ways was a serious upgrade from its famous two brothers. Much better graphics, TERRIFIC SOUND, Excellent use of facilities, and system tools.

I cant say enough about the music in this game. The music never ever got dull or old. For me this was hands down the best music in a PC game EVER! I loved building the entire town before turing on the time. That way you could build everything that a town needed and even zone everything before any time had passed. There was so many good aspects to this game EVEN MY WIFE LOVES IT!

The Bad

The only real problem with this game is that when you do get your city to a certain level, there just isnt anything left to do. Sure you can cause fires, tornados and other accidents to happen and clean up the mess but that only goes so far. Even if you have the tax rates at 0 at some point you will outgrow that tax rate. (ie citizens will complain that tax rates are too high) The game just doesnt have a proper way to extend gameplay. Thus I come to my main problem. Once you have taken Sim City to the extreme, there is just no use to play again. The replayability (i.e. the ability for a gamer to play again and again) is just not long enough.

The Bottom Line

Terrific game with outstanding music, graphics , humor, and many other small pearls of terrific gaming. But dont plan playing this game for more than a month.