DescriptionPet Stories is the second game in the The Sims Stories series, part of the larger Sims franchise. Unlike the main The Sims 2 game, which offers open-ended gameplay, this title focuses on two, more or less linear stories involving raising and training pets. Upon completion a classic mode is unlocked where the player can create a new character with much more freedom and open-ended gameplay. The game offers the familiar interface of the original game, with scripted sequences and set goals to achieve. The content of the game is largely borrowed from The Sims 2: Pets and The Sims 2: Nightlife.
The first story, Best in Show, is about Alice from Garden Heights, who has financial problems and is about to lose her house. As a final resort, she enters her Dalmatian in a dog show to earn money to save her house. There are competitors in the show, and Alice also has friends and rivals she interacts with.
The second story, Midnight Masquerade, is about the executive chef Stephen Loyal and it is set in the neighbourhood of Mesa Flats. Stephen is asked to organize the annual Midnight Masquerade. Meanwhile he has to take care of his Celeste Girard's cat Diva Loyal while she is on her honeymoon, to make up for him missing her wedding. There are different characters to meet: friends, rivals, but also potential love interests.
The game has been optimized for laptops through the controls with keyboard shortcuts and by not requiring an independent graphics card.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "The Sims Истории о питомцах" -- Russian spelling
- "The Sims: Příběhy mazlíčků" -- Czech title
- "The Sims: Historie ze Świata Zwierząt " -- Polish title
- "The Sims Historier om husdjur" -- Swedish title
- "The Sims: Histórias de Bichos" -- Brazilian title
- "The Sims: Állatos Krónikák" -- Hungarian title
- "Los Sims: Historias de Mascotas" -- Spanish title
- "Les Sims: Histoires d'animaux" -- French title
- "Die Sims: Tiergeschichten" -- German title
- "De Sims: Dierenverhalen" -- Dutch title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Powerplay||Jun 27, 2007||80 out of 100||80|
|Deaf Gamers||Jul, 2007||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jul 03, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jun 14, 2007||70 out of 100||70|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jun 30, 2007||14 out of 20||70|
|4Players.de||Jul 04, 2007||69 out of 100||69|
|Jolt (UK)||Jul 14, 2007||6.7 out of 10||67|
|NZGamer||Aug 14, 2007||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Boomtown||Jul 03, 2007||5 out of 10||50|
|Gamekult||Jul 05, 2007||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Pets Add New Layers to Your Sims' Lives (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Pet Stories (November, 2006).)
- Scratch and Claw Your Way to Success (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Pet Stories (September, 2007).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.