The Sims (Windows)

Teen
Written by  :  Michelle (163)
Written on  :  Aug 23, 2004

read more reviews by Michelle

Summary

I thought this would be the worst game ever....

The Good

This game was fun, not to mention a great challenge. In fact, I have quite a new appreciation for the non-avid-gamers who have taken to The Sim's making it seem 'uncool' for the quality gamers out there. I had a hard time trying to get those arrogant little people to do their job and enjoy their house!!

Yet, overall I had a barrel of laughs a minute with this fun and creative game. The bare bones let me create a family and buy them a house. Then I got to decorate it, make sure everyone went to school and work, and with all the cool add-ons the Sim world just expanded and expanded!

The Bad

Leo's are hard to control. It makes me scared of my partner - he's a leo... I guess I wasn't too impressed with the whole star-sign side of the game. There was a lot relying on that with the social interaction, and how the sim felt about the house. For those not interested in that whole fairy-fairy aspect of the world, it's a bit of a pain in the arse that you have to take it seriously.

I also got a bit annoyed at my sim when they refused to get a job because they were depressed, yet were depressed because they had no job to earn money to buy their luxuries. I wished for a Dungeon Keeper add-on so I could slap my sim around!

The Bottom Line

This is not the stereotyped girls-only game, as we think of it in the gaming community. It was quite a challenge! It's like SimCity with people, not a game for people 'who need to get out of reality because they can't even control their own lives'...

I also found it very useful if redecorating your house. You can build a replica of your house and then use the editor to import the colours you were choosing. Very useful!

Oh, yeah.. get a virgo, I'm a virgo, easy to keep happy they are... ;)