The Sims (Windows)

Teen
Written by  :  ZombieDepot (45)
Written on  :  Mar 20, 2001

read more reviews by ZombieDepot

Summary

Maxis released another masterpiece.

The Good

I like many things about this game. The realistic actions the people made are excellent, they do not speak english (they use that weird jibberish language from SimCopter), but you can detect emotion behind their words. A little speech bubble pops up and tells you the topic they're talking about. The Sims can hate/love paintings you buy them, furniture, etc. You have complete control over their lives, and their houses and landscapings. Then you can customize it a bit, with the thousands of skins and custom objects on the internet or make your own.

The Bad

I didn't like how my Sims would wake up in the morning, get out of bed for 20 minutes, and then go grill hamburgers. The timing on it needs some adjustment. Also, even though your Sims could be a police officer, when your house is being robbed s/he just stands there watching the burgler waiting for the police.

The Bottom Line

Overall, the Sims is a terribly addictive game. It has a short learning curve, fun to play, easy to find skins and other custom objects. Buy your copy now.