Advertising Blurbssoldner.jowood.com - official website:
Wings Simulations has proven their knowledge in Military Games with their title Panzer Elite. Now they lead us into the military world of the year 2010:
- Simulation of a highly complex diplomatic system which creates the dynamic campaign and missions
- Dynamic World Generation on the basis of digital satellite data with day/night cycle, weather and seasons
- Realistic virtual battlefield: the advanced terrain engine with the new destruction system (ADS - Advanced Destruction System), which even allows for simulated damage by tactical nuclear warheads
- Designed for Teamplay in Multiplayer: multitude team mission types and game elements for coordinated team action
- Dedicated Server support up to 32 players, up to 128 players on special servers of game providers
- Dynamic single player campaign with mission generator
- Realistic weapon systems from the research laboratories of the weapon industry
After half a century of military interventions major countries like the United States of America or Russia are weary of their role as "World Police". The consequences of their military actions for their economy, national security, and internal ethnic conflicts let to the conclusion to tune down their military campaigns.
Due to that more and more countries choose unconventional warfare by using secret Special Forces. Military success is no longer made by major countries but by small and highly specialized mercenary forces.
In "SÖLDNER - Secret Wars" the player takes over the command of such a Special Forces team. As the Commander he leads a small high tech army consisting of soldiers, light armored vehicles, helicopters and VTOLS (Vertical Take Off and Landing Airplanes) to fulfill a wide variety of mission types .
The players units are stationed on a multi purpose ship which is camouflaged as a merchantman to allow unrestrained travel of the seas to get their forces to the area of operation.
The complete simulation of a complex political world system allows creating a dynamic campaign: each decision of the player, each success or failure has direct effect on the game flow. In addition the player has the ability to gain access to the latest weapon systems and technology, which currently exist in the research centers of the weapon industry only.
Short Feature Summary
Contributed by Sciere (228107) on Nov 25, 2004.