Spider-Man: Friend or Foe Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising BlurbsActivision Press Release (October 03, 2007):
Activision Unites Marvel's Super Heroes and Super Villains at Retail Stores Nationwide with Spider-Man(TM): Friend or FoeSANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct 03, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- It's time to experience the ultimate fighting team as Spider-Man unites with popular super-heroes and powerful super-villains from the movie trilogy and beyond in Spider-Man(TM): Friend or Foe from Activision, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI). Throughout the game's original story and thrilling battles, players are challenged to defeat and then join forces with notorious movie foes including Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom and Sandman, as well as others from the classic Spider-Man family of characters, and embark on a global quest to overcome an evil threat.
"Inspired by both the Spider-Man film trilogy and the classic Spider-Man comics, Spider-Man: Friend for Foe is a unique take on the most successful Super Hero franchise of all time," said Rob Kostich, vice president, global brand management, Activision, Inc. "For the first time ever in a Spider-Man game, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe features a unique co-op mode in which a friend can join the game at any time and take control of Spider-Man's sidekick as they battle side-by-side and replay favorite levels."
As the Spider-Man: Friend or Foe experience unravels, Spider-Man and his sidekicks unlock a variety of arenas and secret areas containing special tokens which allow players to revisit previously explored levels at any time as well as fortify their cache of collectables and power upgrades. Gamers can also replay levels as Spider-Man's darker, more mysterious persona, Black-Suited Spider-Man, and experience a robust Versus mode, with multiple arenas, where players match up any two characters and battle it out to see who wins.
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe is available now for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Wii(TM) home video game system from Nintendo for a suggested retail price of $49.99, the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and PSP(R) (PlayStation(R) Portable) system for $39.99, the Nintendo DS(TM) for $29.99 and the PC for $19.99. The game is rated "E10+" (Everyone 10 and older - Cartoon Violence) by the ESRB.
Video footage for Spider-Man: Friend or Foe is available at www.thenewsmarket.com/activision. Media can preview and request broadcast-standard video digitally or by tape at no cost from this site.
About Spider-Man Merchandising, L.P.
Spider-Man Merchandising, L.P. is a 50/50 limited partnership comprised of Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Inc. The partnership oversees all of the licensing and merchandising activities for the Columbia Pictures Spider-Man(TM) feature films as well as the Sony Pictures Television's animated series entitled "The Spectacular Spider-Man," all based on the Marvel characters.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products. Founded in 1979, Activision posted net revenues of $1.5 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's World Wide Web site, which is located at www.activision.com.
Contributed by Jeanne (75361) on Dec 19, 2010.
In Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe, defeat Spider-Man's most famous enemies, like Venom, Doc Ock, and Green Goblin, then add them to your epic team of playable allies. Play as Spider-Man or a sidekick in ground-breaking cooperative multiplayer in exotic settings around the globe, including Tokyo, Egypt and Nepal. Inspired by the Spider-Man movies, this action adventure game reinterprets big-screen moments and battles with a humorous twist .
- Fight against movie villains, then alongside them: Face off against infamous movie villains using an innovative combat system. Combat Doc Ock in his lab, fight Sandman in a construction site, and take on Green Goblin on the rooftop of Oscorp. Then turn the bad guys into good. Once defeated, they become your sidekicks.
- Choose a sidekick from your allies: Pick from a long list of Spider-Man's allies like Blade, Ironfist, and Prowler, and swap between sidekicks at any time. Spider-Man and any chosen sidekick can unleash lethal combos against opponents.
- Team up in two-player co-op: Share the fun with a friend! One of you plays Spider-Man and the other controls one of Spider-Man's powerful sidekicks. You can play cooperatively through every world, area, and level. Team up to accomplish more powerful moves that will blow away the villains.
- Enjoy details inspired by the Spider-Man movies: Movie villains are just the beginning. You also get to experience costumes, battle scenes and spoofed scenes, all inspired by the first three Spider-Man films.
- Come back for more, again and again: Replay each chapter with a different sidekick and even with Black-Suited Spider-Man. Unlock additional characters such as New Goblin and Silver Sable. Fight in diverse worlds, from an island jungle and a New York training ground to Transylvania and Nepal.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21406) on Jun 29, 2010.
You won't believe who's on your side.
- Pick from a long list of Spider-Man's allies such as Blade, Ironfist and Prowler, and swap between sidekicks at any time
- Fight against movie villains, such as Doc Ock, Sandman and Green Goblin and then fight alongside them
- Team up with a friend to accomplish even more powerful moves that will blow away the villains
Inspired by the Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 movies, this action adventure game reinterprets these big screen outings and battles with a humorous twist.
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe lets you team up with famous Marvel heroes to fight the bad guys and convert them to sidekicks after defeating them in epic boss battles. Explore exotic locales from around the globe, including Tokyo, Egypt and Nepal, as Spider-Man or a sidekick in co-operative multiplayer.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21406) on Jun 08, 2010.