DescriptionSet loosely between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, Star Wars: Empire at War is a strategy game spread over the Galactic Empire. Players command either the Imperial or Rebel forces and engage the enemy in space and on land, while boosting their own economies and building units and support buildings. In addition to classic Star Wars units and vehicles, Empire at War also includes heroes units. Players can control Darth Vader, Han Solo, and many other classic characters.
Space combat allows the player control over squads of smaller starcraft and larger capital ships. Enemy hardpoints can be targeted allowing players to knock out shield generators, flight hangers, and other ship systems. Land combat is unit and vehicle-based and relies on securing reinforcement points to land additional forces and using build points to construct defenses.
Empire at War offers several modes of game play. The Empire and the Rebellion each have their own story-based campaign, there are several freeform campaign options where players can adjust the settings and select the victory conditions. Empire at War also supports multiplayer options online.
- "Star Wars:L'impero in guerra" -- Italian title
- "Star Wars: El Imperio en Guerra" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
|Nice for a few days but boring on the long run.||vulture (14)|
|The Force isn't with this one...||Indra is here (19699)|
|THe Galaxy is mine! All mine!!||lucian (37)|
The Press Says
|UOL Jogos||Feb 22, 2006||100|
|Cheat Code Central||Feb 22, 2006||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Gamesmania||Mar 24, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Feb 27, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|games xtreme||Apr 06, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Gameguru Mania||Mar 08, 2006||78 out of 100||78|
|Game Freaks 365||2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 17, 2006||14 out of 20||70|
|GNT - Generation Nouvelles Technologies||Feb 15, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaStar Wars: Empire at War was named #10 "Game of the Year" by Computer Games Magazine (March 2007).
Related Web Sites
- Empire at War.net (This Lucas Fan Network site compiles news and reviews from across the web, acts as a meeting place for fans of the game, and has news about mods.)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (The official site offers the latest news, faqs, and forums.)
- The Fate of the Galaxies Hangs in the Balance (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Empire at War, with commentary being provided by Producer Michael Fetterman (March, 2007).)