🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords > @#$^$%@#$^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Monster (986) on 4/10/2008 6:12 AM · Permalink · Report

After reading the reviews here, I broke down and finally bought the game. I patched it and made sure it was fully updated. I figured 2 years was enough time to get the major bugs out.

...Wrong...

I'm stuck in the secret base. I can't get my group to join me, I can't get Bao-dur out of the force field and I keep repeating the dialogue with Atris.

ARRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Kit Simmons (249) on 4/10/2008 7:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Ah, KotOR II, still one of my biggest disappointments in gaming evURR. I could at this point blame everybody who ever reviewed this incoherent, bug-infested stinker positively but to my great shame I posted my own Amazon review of it before finishing it, giving it a four-star review myself before basking in the glory of the game's irredeemably broken last quarter. Let's just say I suffered through it once and immediately sold it over eBay. Ah, what a day - the day I lost my innocence by finally having to admit LucasArts had turned from the grand master of adventure games into a soulless merchandise spinner incapable of anything except peddling its movie licenses to third-party developers which would then churn out second-rate franchise trash. (This, mind you, coming from a Star Wars fan who can even live with the new trilogy, so hey.)

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 4/10/2008 7:15 AM · Permalink · Report

Sorry to hear that. I only played the Xbox version, which was flawless in every possible way.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/10/2008 4:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Be careful what you say. That's my most favorite game. One MG user dared to say bad words against it and he has mysteriously disappeared ever since.

Anyway, is the problem similar to this: "After you talk to Atris, you're supposed to find Atton, Kreia, and Bao-dur in the Irrigation Chamber's holding cells. I went there and was happy to find Bao-dur in his rightful place, unconscious on the floor in his cell, but Kreia and Atton weren't in theirs. Instead, after some searching, I found Atton standing - as he would in his cell. Beside him, Kreia was meditating as she would be in her holding cell, just in the wrong room with Atton."

Reloading helps. Go back to save game from before you enter the academy. Then "when entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen."

Also there was a patch for it in Team Gizka website, but they've removed it since the their cut content mod is almost ready to be released (this restores the original endings, many dialogues and cutscenes and the cut planet plus it fixes all the bugs). So I'd rather advise you to wait for the Team Gizka mod which is about to be released during the next few months.

Scott Monster (986) on 4/10/2008 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Drunken Irishman wrote--]Be careful what you say. That's my most favorite game. One MG user dared to say bad words against it and he has mysteriously disappeared ever since.

Anyway, is the problem similar to this: "After you talk to Atris, you're supposed to find Atton, Kreia, and Bao-dur in the Irrigation Chamber's holding cells. I went there and was happy to find Bao-dur in his rightful place, unconscious on the floor in his cell, but Kreia and Atton weren't in theirs. Instead, after some searching, I found Atton standing - as he would in his cell. Beside him, Kreia was meditating as she would be in her holding cell, just in the wrong room with Atton."

Reloading helps. Go back to save game from before you enter the academy. Then "when entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen."

Also there was a patch for it in Team Gizka website, but they've removed it since the their cut content mod is almost ready to be released (this restores the original endings, many dialogues and cutscenes and the cut planet plus it fixes all the bugs). So I'd rather advise you to wait for the Team Gizka mod which is about to be released during the next few months. [/Q --end Drunken Irishman wrote--]

You saved my sanity. I would've lost my mind if you hadn't helped me out. I owe you a a drink. :D

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/10/2008 5:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Little Yoda wrote--] Ah, what a day - the day I lost my innocence by finally having to admit LucasArts had turned from the grand master of adventure games into a soulless merchandise spinner incapable of anything except peddling its movie licenses to third-party developers which would then churn out second-rate franchise trash. (This, mind you, coming from a Star Wars fan who can even live with the new trilogy, so hey.) [/Q --end Little Yoda wrote--]

You do know that that third-party developer is the same team who made Torment? Except for the lead artist, everyone has the same position that they had on Torment. So all the artists, designers and programmers are all from Torment's team. And the lead designer/lead writer is the same. I just noticed that Torment is your favorite game, and I thought you should know that it's just not any third-party developer.

Kit Simmons (249) on 4/11/2008 11:30 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I'm not worried; wouldn't be the first duel to the death I fight over KotOR II. Hey, I still live.

You should also notice I blame LucasArts, not Obsidian, because I know they rushed what might've become a worthy sequel into what it eventually became. And a lot of what they ordered from third party developers IS trash. Star Wars Demolition, anyone?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/11/2008 1:53 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh, it's okay then. I'm a fanboy, you know.

Indra was here (20755) on 4/11/2008 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Kotor 2 was buggy? I must've been lucky.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/11/2008 4:47 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

It's a good thing too. First, you're incapable of loving games anyway; secondly, you're a sad person; thirdly, you are an evil lawyer and finally.. ever wondered what happened to St.Martyne? He called Kotor 2 immature and so I had to kill him.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 4/11/2008 5:13 PM · Permalink · Report

ever wondered what happened to St.Martyne? He called Kotor 2 immature and so I had to kill him.

You killed a person who likes The Witcher and Bioshock?! How could you, how could you!!

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/11/2008 5:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I regret it of course. I always thought of him as belonging in the same camp as us. St.Martyne, Drunken Irishman and Oleg - Three musketeers of storytelling, you know. I miss him.

But... alas, tragedy was born out of my own irrationality. What can change the nature of the man?

Edit: This is for St.Martyne. Goodbye friend, wherever you are.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 4/11/2008 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I always thought of him as belonging in the same camp as us.

Exactly, that's why I'm so sad. I understand if you killed Zovni. A person who calls Final Fantasy XII gay doesn't deserve anything better, anyway. Or Dr. von Katze - people who can't bear even one puzzle with cat moustache in an otherwise fantastic adventure should be shot on sight. Or Indra, whose complaints about bugs can drive the mildest person to homicide.

Damn it, I'd even understand if you killed me! I mean, after not playing System Shock 2 for such a long time, do I have a moral right to live?! Probably not!

But St. Martyne... so passionate and gentle to games, so fair in his reviews, so wise and understanding... and you kill him just because he called Kotor 2 immature?! Sure, I understand you couldn't have left such a deed unpunished. That's not what I mean to say. A life-long imprisonment in the torture chamber of your castle in Estonia, for example, would be an adequate reaction to what he did. But killing him was way out of proportion!

Try to control your temper better, Drunken Irishman. Remember: vital organs are called "vital" precisely because excessive damage to them may lead to undesirable lethal results. Mutilation is something you should consider as a more humane, more reasonable option. Live and let live, that's all I say.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/11/2008 5:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Mutilation is not in my nature, I abhor it. It's too rational, and while I'm rational I couldn't hurt another human. Or any creature, except for bugs.

Indra was here (20755) on 4/15/2008 10:02 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JazzOleg wrote--] But St. Martyne... so passionate and gentle to games, so fair in his reviews, so wise and understanding... and you kill him just because he called Kotor 2 immature?! Sure, I understand you couldn't have left such a deed unpunished. [/Q --end JazzOleg wrote--]

No, he dissappeared after I failed to appreciate the Monty Python CD's he sent me (I really tried, by the way).

Or he joined the Basque guerilla's, was caught and now pending imprisonment. Which actually to me is more likely than the former...

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 4/11/2008 5:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Edit: This is for St.Martyne.

Man, thank you for this link! That's a movie from my childhood (I guess yours too, eh?)!

A bit of trivia: did you know that the guys who wrote, performed, and produced the entire music for this movie are the same ones who later formed the most famous Jewish music band in Germany, with the pianist being - that's right, yours truly :)

The Fabulous King (1332) on 4/11/2008 5:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yeah, a lot of classics were born in the Soviet era. I love the tradition of those times to include songs in their movies.

Here are couple of my favorites.

A melancholic song from a cult movie

A positive song from the same movie

A song from a children's movie about a troll kid.

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/11/2008 10:10 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Drunken Irishman wrote--] finally.. ever wondered what happened to St.Martyne? He called Kotor 2 immature and so I had to kill him. [/Q --end Drunken Irishman wrote--] Well I hope the rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. I suspect he's watching Star Trek TOS reruns, playing guitar, and hanging around Star Trek forums. Maybe he'll forgive you and come back!

St. Martyne (3648) on 4/15/2008 10:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Not quite, but close. Star Trek is currently a taboo subject for me, since the release of the new Kirk movie has been pushed to May 2009.

Guitar - yes, extensively.

And, I haven't been offended by DI. It's Internet, for god's sake.

And, Mom... I never, ever watch Star Trek TOS reruns....

St. Martyne (3648) on 4/15/2008 10:20 AM · Permalink · Report

I HAVE IT ALL ON DVD!! :-))

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/15/2008 11:30 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]I HAVE IT ALL ON DVD!! :-)) [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] A true fan! Welcome back :D

Indra was here (20755) on 4/20/2008 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--] Well I hope the rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated. [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Heh. I remember the last time that happened.