Star Wars: Rebellion (Windows)

Official Site
3.3
Written by  :  Gothicgene (83)
Written on  :  Jul 18, 2001
Rating  :  0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars0.75 Stars

read more reviews by Gothicgene

Summary

Avoid like the plague. Uglier than Jabba.

The Good

Well, the lambda shuttle flying through the intro was neat.

The Bad

Everything else. The controls were crappy. That stupid droid that's supposed to guide you around is annoying. You never know what's going on. Half of the time when you want to do stuff you can't with no explanation why. (Yeah, I know, look in the manual and stuff, but the REALLY good strategy games, even complex ones like Alpha Centauri, have a tutorial and helpful comments IN-GAME. I don't want to consult my manual every few minutes). Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and others are demoted to "just another unit". Need I go on? Graphics are sub-par, ESPECIALLY considering this is a Star Wars game, ESPECIALLY considering this was 1998, ESPECIALLY considering this was LucasArts. I really was excited when getting this and tried really hard to like it but just couldn't.

The Bottom Line

If you're drawn to this game like a moth to the lightbulb ("Oh, wow, a real-time strategy war game in the Star Wars universe, how awesome!") like I was, trust me: suppress that urge. Nothing good can come of it.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a computer game. This really craps on the awesome legacy of both the Star Wars name and LucasArts.