Starlancer Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising BlurbsOfficial game's website:
STARLANCER combines the action of first-person space combat with the drama and intrigue of a classic air combat movie. Countries from around the world including the United States, China, Russia and Great Britain have formed strategic alliances and now battle for control of Earth, Mars and other planets across the solar system. As part of a newly formed, ragtag aviation unit, the 45th Volunteers Squadron, players must prove themselves and earn the respect of their peers.
- Stunning 3-D graphics and effects. StarLancer will provide a level of graphic details and effects not currently found in space combat games with particle effects, dramatic source lighting and realistic ship destruction. More than 80 types of spacecraft are rendered in extraordinary 3-D detail throughout the game.
- Dynamic mission structure. StarLancer missions are designed to challenge players, create a wide variety of gameplay and enhance the story lines. Players fly in over 25 gripping missions that range from escorting marine boarding ships to free POWs to leading an assault on space stations built right into an asteroid field.
- Immersive story line. StarLancer features a dramatic story based on the dynamic history of 20th century warfare. To enhance the story, StarLancer includes over 25 minutes of Hollywood-quality full-motion computer-generated cinematics, over 250 unique pilot animations and 36 custom-composed original music scores.
- Living universe. Rather than the standard environment in current space combat games with space being fairly empty beyond the enemy fighters, the universe in StarLancer feels alive and will be more interesting for players to participate in. Neutral craft can be seen going about their business by performing functions such as unloading freighters or escorting convoys.
- Multiplayer capabilities. Players can work together cooperatively through the entire campaign with up to 4 players or dogfight in 6 different deathmatch modes with up to 8 players via LAN or the MSN™ Gaming Zone (http://www.zone.com).
- State-of-the-art space flight engine. Whether players are engaged in a dogfight with swarming enemies or escorting a torpedo run on a massive capital ship, the StarLancer 3-D engine provides unparalleled fluidity in gameplay with balanced, consistent frame rates.
- Interactive ship environments. Players will be able to navigate key parts of their capital ship with immersive 3-D walkabout environments. Players will have their own interactive bunkroom with a locker for medals, CD player, simulator pod for flight practice and even a fish tank.
- Lethal spacecraft and weaponry. Players may choose from more than a dozen ships using a unique 3-D drag-and-drop interface. They can arm their ships with more than 20 weapons, including nova cannons, pulse lasers, collapser guns and jackhammer missiles.
- Experienced developers. StarLancer is being developed by Erin and Chris Roberts who are widely credited as the inventors of the space combat genre with their tremendously popular Wing Commander and Privateer series of games.
Contributed by jean-louis (32080) on Feb 02, 2015.
Key Features Include:
Crave Entertainment's "Starlancer" Shoots Into Stores
Stellar Space Combat Game Makes Dreamcast(TM) Debut
Los Angeles, CA - December 6, 2000 - Crave Entertainment today announced
that their latest game, "Starlancer," has shipped to stores. The only
first-person space combat game available for Dreamcast, "Starlancer" engages
players in a series of intense battles, where international forces combine
to fight aliens for control of the universe. In addition, the new game
offers players the chance to compete in intense online multiplayer space
"Dreamcast's Internet capabilities lead the way for next generation console gaming," said Martin Spiess, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing at Crave Entertainment. "With its incredible single player storyline and the online multiplayer option, 'Starlancer' is among the first to take full advantage of this capability - the results are amazing."
"Starlancer" takes players to the interstellar skies in their choice of more than a dozen different spacecrafts, each with their own custom weaponry, including nova cannons, pulse lasers and jackhammer missiles. The state-of-the-art flight engine provides ease of control and unparalleled fluidity in gameplay as pilots blast their way through a dramatic story based on the dynamic history of 20th century warfare. As with the original award-winning PC edition, the Dreamcast version contains many of the same elements, including stunning 3D graphics, dynamic mission structure, and interactive ship environments.
"Starlancer," developed by Chris and Erin Roberts, who are widely credited as the inventors of the space combat genre with their tremendously popular "Wing Commander" and "Privateer" series of games, contains over 20 minutes of Hollywood-quality full-motion computer-generated cinematics, 6,000 unique speech samples and 40 custom-composed music tracks.
About Crave Entertainment Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Crave Entertainment is a privately held publisher of innovative videogame entertainment products for the major console platforms including Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color, the PlayStation(R) game console, and PC. For more information about Crave Entertainment, please visit www.cravegames.com.
Contributed by skl (1142) on Feb 29, 2004.
Today you must decide between life and liberty or defeat and domination. The Eastern Coalition has launched a suprise attack against the Western Alliance Fleet, massacring hundreds of dedicated service men and women. We're enlisting pilots for the 45th Volunteers Squadron. We need every able-bodied man and woman to join the fight if we are to successfully launch a counter attack. Missions range from escorting marine boarding ships to free POWs to destroying Coalition space stations equipped with massive laser weaponary. You are our vanguard. Adn our last hope.
Contributed by Bill Stepec (59) on Jun 29, 2000.