Less than 60 games needed to complete our goal of 1,500 documented Arcade titles!

Starship Titanic (Windows)

2.8
Written by  :  Julian McKenzie (159)
Written on  :  May 15, 2000
Rating  :  2.86 Stars2.86 Stars2.86 Stars2.86 Stars2.86 Stars
read more reviews by Julian McKenzie

Summary

Where is the story?

The Good

The speech was hyped to the point that i bought the game. It turned out to be better than anything i'd played before but no way near as good as hyped. I did really enjoy the typing-speech though. The characters responses were often funny. "I'll keep saying banana until you talk sense" and the following "banana"s that followed are a favourite. The parrot was the classest character and down the chute was hilarious. And, the actual voice of the chute was funny. The visuals are superb and keep you hooked on the game because you want to see every animation and every room because they look so nice.

The Bad

The lack of plot and the lack of a main aim. I spent virtually all my time asking myself what is it am I trying to accomplish so spent ages wondering around doing nothiing.

The Bottom Line

The conversations with NPCs were hyped as the best thing since sliced bread and the graphics drew you in, but where was the story and the involvement?