DescriptionTwo separate murder cases, in two separate lifetimes -- so alike .. so similar in the smallest of details that one could believe they were performed by the same person. Impossible! One of the crimes took place 75 years ago, while the other just happened! Is someone copying an old serial killer .. or is it remotely possible that the same murderer is still alive and committing more crimes?
Victoria McPherson is an FBI agent investigator based in Chicago. While visiting her father and talking about their family, they discuss her grandfather, former P.I. Gustav McPherson (from Post Mortem). Finding Gus' diary in an old attic trunk, she picks it up and begins to read ...
In this point and click mystery adventure, you'll play both Victoria in modern Chicago as well as her grandfather, Gus, in Prague in the 1920s. Meet and talk with over 20 characters, explore Chicago and Prague and solve puzzles while investigating in two time periods.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Virtools
- Setting: City - Chicago
- Setting: City - Prague
- Still Life series
- Theme: Law enforcement
|A great horror/drama!!||Twilightseer (252)|
|Nice adventure/horror game... but leaves many things unsolved||Christian Munive (6)|
|Good but not great||piltdown_man (124235)|
|Just Adventure||May 19, 2005||A||100|
|2404.org PC Gaming||Apr 29, 2005||9.1 out of 10||91|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||May 18, 2005||90|
|Playback||Jan, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Adventure Gamers||May 03, 2005||90|
|Game Over Online||May 03, 2005||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Action||Jun 15, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|GamePlasma||Apr 29, 2005||8.2 out of 10||82|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jun 14, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAccording to one of the ex-developers a considerable part of the game has been cut due to financial troubles during the development, which explains the rather abrupt ending. A quote from AdventureGamers forum (warning, may contain mild spoilers):
"There was the entire part in LA 1954 and 2005 and Chicago 1932 and 2005. We played Gus again but in Chicago of the 30s; Gus chasing Mark. This part would introduce LA 54. The LA 54 part would explain the link between the murderers. Look closely at the painting “The Pupil”. In the original script, there were two endings. It was more of a choice really. The player could choose between arresting the killer or putting a clip into him. Now that’s closure. The player decided the fate of the killer. I really liked that idea simply because I thought it could be fun to empower the player with how he or she wanted Vic to end her story."
Related Web Sites
- Laser Puzzle Solution (Len Green walks you through how to solve this puzzle)
- Malcolm Schmidt's Walkthrough (posted on Gameboomers.com)
- Still Life (The Adventure Company's Official Site)
- Still Life (Microids' Official Game Page)
- Still Life - FAQs and Guides (A collection of walkthroughs and files from various contributors on GameFaqs.com)
- stilllife-game.com (Official Game Site)
- Still Life Hint File (The UHS Hint file for Still Life is arranged in question and answer format so you get just the amount of information you need to solve the game yourself.)
- Still Life Walkthrough (Full Solution by Steve Metzler)
- Walkthrough by MaGtRo (posted on Gameboomers.com)
- Walkthrough for Still Life (by Helias Patsiotis)