DescriptionStrategic Command: European Theater is a World War II grand strategy game. The game, that is turn-based, takes place on a map that stretches horizontally from the east coast of North America to the Ural Mountains in Russia, and vertically from just below the Arctic Circle to the North Coast of Africa. There are six campaigns, each a year in the war that are played until the end of the war, starting with the Germans attacking Poland.
The player is the supreme commander of the Axis or Allies forces. In total, there are 25 different nations (6 major and 19 minor), each having effect on the outcome of the war. All major unit types are covered, including HQs, Corps, Armies, Tanks, Submarines and Air Fleets. These, research and upgrade of equipment and management of supply are some of the keys to be successful.
Multiplayer is an important part of Strategic Command. It can not only be played over the Internet and LAN, but also by PBEM (Play By Email). Also included is a Campaign Editor.
- "Strategic Command: La Seconde Guerre Mondiale" -- French title
- "Strategic Command: Der zweite Weltkrieg" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Gamer||Nov, 2002||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||Aug 23, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Feb 10, 2004||15 out of 20||75|
|GameSpot||Jul 22, 2002||7.2 out of 10||72|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2002||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jul 14, 2003||60 out of 100||60|
|GameZone||Aug 16, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 2002||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Die Panzerliga (German PBEM and Online League)
- Strategic Command: European Theater (Battlefront.com official Strategic Command site.)
- Strategic Command HQ (Fan site dedicated to all aspects of the game, including new Campaigns and reviews, graphics alterations and sound edits.)