Streets of SimCity (Windows)

2.5
Written by  :  Andrew Taylor (8)
Written on  :  Jul 14, 2003

read more reviews by Andrew Taylor

Summary

Very Good, but buggy game. SEQUEL NEEDED!!!

The Good

The fact that you can cruise around a Simcity 2000 city, or there's that powerful tool called Simcity Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK). The gameplay is simple, if not like a mindless shooter. Cruise around and kill and blow up buildings, hunters, cops, and stuff. Weapons and MODS range from Machine Guns, to Airfoils. Those airfoils can inspire one to build a deathmach arena where there's those roads that goes uphill to a dead end at the mountaintop where you turn on the Airfoil, and Hopper, if you have one. Arieal deathmatches over a vast body of water. That's awesome. I even have a home in a sub-city called Shyg Co. that I built. There's a couple of industrial zones, and little skiscraper zone. I built my HQ at the mountaintop. The city is just right for Streets. This game is fun and addictive. I like the music.

The Bad

It's buggy. When you turn the viewing distance to max, buildings in the distance can be crappy models, but textures shou up when you get closer to them, there's no clouds, no rain, no snow, no sun, just a clear, fine weather. The explosions look like crap, but that's not a problem, there's clipping problems, you go through power lines, trees, windmills, and gas stations. Besides, that's what would you expect for Maxis's first racing game, isn't it? I think EA could've developed the gameplay, and stuff. I hope they will do that in Streets of Simcity 2, when ever is there one. I want a sequel where it lets you cruise around Simcity 3000 and Simcity 4 cities. That is the worst part of the game, no sequel!!! Waaaaaa!!! I want a sequel!!! I highly doubt they will make one. They won't make a patch to this game.

The Bottom Line

For Simcity fans, this could be quite fun. For you other losers who likes those those crappy car sims where you drive not-fun-to-drive cars, and (Cut off, because you wouldn't understand how good Streets is).