Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Meet Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield. During the Great Depression, he was a down-on-his-luck travelling salesman. Now it's 1959 and he's a zombie with an insatiable hunger for human brains. How could this happen?
- Be the zombie: Play as Stubbs the Zombie and conquer the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl.
- Possess the living: Use any weapon in the game—machine gun, bazooka, sniper rifle and more, by clamping your severed hand onto the gunman's head.
- Build a zombie horde: Convert your enemies into undead allies and lead a zombie assault upon the living.
- Use your body as a weapon: Hurl gut grenades, spit zombie sputum, and unleash unholy flatulence to bring down your foes.
The answer lies buried somewhere in Punchbowl, Pennsylvania, a high-tech "City of the Future" built by the world's richest man. Punchbowl is a paradise of hover-cars and helper robots, where crime and pollution simply don't exist. It's the perfect city: safe, clean, and convenient. Stubbs can't wait to move in … and have the last laugh on humanity. Indulge your appetite for vengeance … and brains.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on Oct 08, 2010.
- Play as a Zombie and give those unpleasant, violent humans a piece of your mind...by eating theirs.
- Destroy an entire city built with Bungie's Halo Engine.
- Use Zombie Strength to smash down doors and maul a wide variety of citizens and armed defenders.
- Spread Zombie Love by eating the brains of your enemies and adding them to your own personal zombie horde.
- Possess unsuspecting humans and use their weapons against their friends.
- Use Your Body as a Weapon in the deadliest offense ever: explosive gut grenades, zombie sputum, a severed hand that can crawl through tight spaces and possess the living, a head that doubles as an unholy bowling ball, and flatulence beyond the ken of mortal men.
THQ And Aspyr Unearth Distribution Deal For Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse"October 24, 2005 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Aspyr today announced an agreement whereby THQ will distribute Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse" in PAL territories. Guaranteed to turn heads, this third-person action game is an original IP by Bungie Studio veterans that uses an updated Halo™ engine to deliver a stirring tale of one man's hunger for love, justice... and brains. The game is expected to be released for the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in the UK in February, 2006.
Under the terms of the agreement, THQ will distribute the title on Xbox in all territories outside North America and Japan and for the PC in all territories outside North America, Japan, Russia, Slovenia, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic.
"We're excited to be able to bring this unique and innovative title to PAL territories," stated Ian Curran, senior vice president, THQ (UK) Ltd. "Working with Aspyr gives us a great opportunity to grow our global business and strengthen our position as a leading video game publisher."
"THQ's expertise in managing key brands makes them an excellent partner," said Vip Patel, vice president, Aspyr Europe. "We're confident that their team will do a great job getting Stubbs the Zombie into the hands of eagerly awaiting fans,"
About Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse"
As Stubbs, you can:
Computer and video game fans can check out www.stubbsthezombie.com for Stubbs the Zombie updates and sign up to get more information as it becomes available.
Contributed by Sciere (488613) on Jul 20, 2006.
From the Executive Producer of Halo, comes Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse. You play as Stubbs, an undead antihero who takes on a futuristic city using nothing but his own carcass and the weapons of his possessed enemies. This third-person action game uses the Halo engine and integrates tongue-in-cheek humor and a strong storyline with innovative combat. Be the Zombie!
Contributed by tarmo888 (5386) on Jun 11, 2006.
The Story of Stubbs
In 1933, Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield was just another traveling salesman trying to eke out a living. Only one thing stood between him and success: an unbroken streak of bad luck dating back to his birth. Stubbs couldn't sell ice cream in the Sahara - and he sure couldn't sell life insurance during the darkest days of the Great Depression. Speaking of depression, Stubbs' miserable life came to its logical conclusion one hot summer night when a prospective customer unloaded a shotgun into Stubbs' belly and buried him in an unmarked grave in the remote Pennsylvania countryside.
Now it's 1959 and that same countryside is covered by the steel and plastic wonderland that is Punchbowl, Pennsylvania. Punchbowl is the brainchild of billionaire playboy industrialist Andrew Monday, whose rise from poor orphan to World's Richest Man has captivated the globe. Using experimental technology developed by the brilliant minds at Monday Industries, Monday has created a fully realized city just like the ones people will inhabit in the year 2000, when everyone will drive floating cars and robot labor will eliminate all drudgery. Now he has thrown open the gates for a gala opening party and invited the world to see his vision of the future.
At the same time, something stirs beneath Punchbowl... an ex-traveling salesman about to embark on a new career as a brain-eating zombie.
At last, Stubbs has found his calling.
Contributed by Terrence Bosky (5476) on Dec 31, 2005.