The Suffering captures the disturbing and terrifying nature of the horror genre in a compelling third-person action-adventure game. Venture into the mature and gritty world of a maximum-security prison. By alternating periods of tense exploration with frenetic combat sequences, The Suffering creates the ultimate experience of terror. Creatures jump out of shadows, fall out of trees, and erupt out of the ground, attacking the player in the most frightening ways possible. Along with a cast of uniquely hardened criminals and guards, you’ll battle not only the ghoulish apparitions besieging the prison but also the demons of your own forgotten past.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (12592) on Jun 22, 2010.
The Suffering redefines terror with a chilling look into a penitentiary haunted by tortured apparitions; the ghosts of executed prisoners emerge from the shadows of the gas chamber, or are glimpsed in the flash from a bare electric wire. Horror surrounds you.
- Over 15 gritty and terrifying levels, transverse indoor and outdoor terrain and horror lurking in every dark corner.
- Amazing character morphing effect – fill your rage meter and transform into a hideous and powerful creature.
- Over 10 deadly weapons from the shiv to the flamethrower to help you survive this nightmare.
- A dozen horrific monsters--each representing the means of execution that befell them--stalk your every move.
- Powerful boss monsters will challenge your ability to stay alive.
- Blood and gore galore, dripping, pooling and splattering every level of your frightening journey.
- Interact with hardened criminals featuring advanced AI; garner their assistance or end their life on your path to freedom – it’s your choice.
- 3 distinct endings depending on how you play the game. Are you a cold-blooded killer, a man wrongfully accused or something else?
- Intricate levels featuring movable and destructible environments.
With suspense building over nine levels, The Suffering features dynamic lighting that illuminates frightening visions and frantic combat sequences. In the dark world of The Suffering, creatures attack from the shadows and emerge from jail cells, chambers, the ground and trees, surprising the player in the most disturbing ways possible. As Torque, the main character, players encounter a cast of twisted, hardened criminals, prison guards and grotesque apparitions as they desperately try to escape.
Jailed for a murder he may or may not have committed, the disturbed Torque is next in line for execution when monstrous apparitions besiege the prison and inadvertently free him. More than 10 deadly weapons can be discovered as Torque sets out to uncover his past and unlock the deadly secrets of The Suffering. In the game, players can transform Torque into his monstrous alter ego and unleash the power of his primal fury to successfully destroy 12 horrific creatures. Depending on how they play the game, players will arrive at three distinct endings for a unique gaming experience. The Suffering is dripping with spooky atmosphere and a combination of storyline, style and gameplay that draws the gamer into a dark world.
Contributed by Sciere (245763) on Jun 23, 2004.