Summoner (Windows)

3.4
Written by  :  Mattias Kreku (423)
Written on  :  Nov 09, 2003
Rating  :  3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars3.83 Stars

read more reviews by Mattias Kreku

Summary

A very linear but entertaining RPG

The Good

The first thing that hits you is that the graphics in this game is actually very good for a three year old game. It's Dungeon Siege style with fully 3D-rendered backdrops and characters. It contains lots and lots of small, simple and quite entertaining and rewarding quests, a few big maps and some interesting NPC's. If this game had been (much) less linear and allowed the player to do as he wanted it would have been a really great game. For some strange reason it never worked completely for me,as it began to run very slowly after about 30 minutes of playing, to the point where I had to restart it to get more than 3-5 FPS.

The Bad

Some technical problems and a completely linear story made this game more of a chore than a joy to play for me. But I guess most console-RPG'ers wouldn't mind this style of play.

The Bottom Line

An entertaining RPG, totally console-like in its looks, feel and gameplay. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to play a fun RPG though.