DescriptionTaxi Challenge Berlin is very similar in concept to Crazy Taxi. The gameplay is nearly identical, except that in Taxi Challenge Berlin you must play 21 missions before getting the 3/5/10 minute runs.
You are a taxi driver in Berlin, the German capital, and you need to get money. So you drive around on the (more or less) authentic streets of Berlin, and when you see a pedestrian with a colored Euro (€) sign above his head, you can stop next to him and pick him up. He will tell you where he wants to go, and you drive him there. To get orientation, you have a large arrow which points in the right direction as well as a (very small) map.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Taxi Challenge" -- Polish Title
- "Der Taxi Racer in Berlin" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Crazy Taxi for Windows? Well... sort of...||phlux (4342)|
|Addictive, but could be better||Arnold Schwarzenegger (2)|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Apr 30, 2002||6.1 out of 10||61|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jul, 2002||56 out of 100||56|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Apr 07, 2003||35 out of 100||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MegaCity ChallengeA slightly modified version of Taxi Challenge Berlin was released under the title of MegaCity Challenge, probably targetted at the international market. The changes include:
- Some distinctive buildings of Berlin, such as the Brandenburger Tor, have been changed to more generic versions.
- The taxi drivers have different, less German-sounding names.
- The names of streets and landmarks have been replaced with generic English versions ("Unter den Linden" becomes "Excelsior Avenue", etc.).
- Some textures, such as on the player cars, have been changed.
- There is a different soundtrack selection. All other aspects of the games, most notably the entire city layout and the missions to be accomplished, are identical. Nonetheless, some publishers have re-released both games separately. For example, Selectsoft Publishing is offering the games as Extreme Taxi: Berlin and Extreme Taxi: USA respectively.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.