Advertising BlurbsPrint advertisement - PC Player 08/1995:
DONNERNDE MASCHINEN. SCHLAGKRÄFTIGE WAFFEN. DIE MAXIMALE HERAUSFORDERUNG.
- SCHNELLE 3D-GRAFIK MIT TEXTUREN.
- DREHUNGEN UM 360° MÖGLICH.
- 9 UNERFORSCHTE PLANETEN, 27 LEVELS
- ÜBER 400.000 QUADRATMEILEN GELÄNDE.
- 70 MEGABYTE AN ANIMATIONEN (CD-ROM)
- BIS ZU 6 SPIELER IM NETZWERK
- ODER 2 SPIELER ÜBER MODEM / LINK
- REALISTISCHE LUFT-/BODENKAMPFSZENEN
- COMM-BAT MODUS
- PROFESSIONELLER SOUNDTRACK UND DIGITALISIERTE SOUNDS (CD: BIS 44 KHz)
- SUPER-VGA-UNTERSTÜTZUNG (CD-ROM)
SHAREWARE-VERSION JETZT IM HANDEL!
HANDBUCH IN DEUTSCH!
"DIE 3D-UMGEBUNGEN SIND EINFACH ATEMBERAUBEND... DIE WELTEN SIND MIT NICHTS WAS MAN IN ANDEREN COMPUTERSPIELEN GESEHEN HAT VERGLEICHBAR."
COMPUTER PLAYER, APRIL '95
"TERMINAL VELOCITY IST EINE MIXTUR AUS SPANNENDER ACTION UND FAST FÜHLBARER SCHWERKRAFT..."
STRATEGY PLUS, MÄRZ '95
"DER ZAUBER DIESES SPIELES SIND DIE RIESIGEN, UMFANGREICHEN LEVELS, DIE BELIEBIG ERFORSCHT UND DURCHKÄMPFT WERDEN KÖNNEN:"
COMPUTER GAMING WORLD, MAI '95
DIE FEATURES DER VOLLVERSION:
DIE SHAREWAREVERSION VON TERMINAL VELOCITY IST EIN AUSZUG AUS DER VOLLVERSION UND ENTHÄLT NUR 3 DER PLANETEN. AUF DER SHAREWARE-CD-ROM SIND AUFWENDIGE FILM-ANIMATIONEN (11 MB) ZU SEHEN.
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (139686) on Apr 05, 2010.Print advertisement - PC Player 07/1995:
Demnächst bei CDV:
- unglaublich schnelle 3D-Grafik mit Texturen
- 9 Planeten und 27 Levels
- realistische Luft- und Bodenkampfszenen
- SVGA-Unterstützung 640 x 480 (nur CD)
- bis 8 Spieler (Netzw.) / 2 Spieler (Modem)
- Digitaler Sound/Musik (bis zu .44 KHz)
- 70 Megabyte an 3D-Animationen (nur CD)
- Pentium-Modus für mehr Details (nur CD)
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (139686) on Apr 05, 2010.
Take flight in this pure action game that should come with a barf bag! Climb into Terminal Velocity now and you'll never go back to flight simulators that offer combat as an "option." Terminal Velocity IS combat! And without the difficult controls presented by all flight simulator style games.
- Fast texture mapped 3D flight with full 360 degree movement.
- 9 totally unique planets, with 3 levels per planet, and dozens of tunnels!
- Over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain--incredibly large levels.
- 7 destructive weapons, plus other power-ups.
- Non-stop air-to-air and air-to-ground realistic combat.
- SVGA support (640 x 480 resolution). This is a Pentium-recommended mode.
- 8 player network and 2 player modem support.
- Fully digital music and sound effects (up to 44 kHz--real CD quality!).
- Many, many secret cheats.
- Enemy ships cast translucent shadows, bank, roll, do loops, make suicide runs and more.
- 70+ Megs of 3D rendered, full-motion, eye-candy cinematics.
- Special Pentium mode to improve textured graphics.
- BONUS PLANET! Discover the secret planet!
- FREE! Several cool shareware games included.
- Supports modem, serial cable, and network multiplayer games.
- Network games up to 8 players!
- Each player can select a different ship to pilot.
- RemoteRidicule allows players to send digitized voice messages to other players
Originally released May 1, 1995.
Contributed by Xoleras (66095) on Jun 13, 2004.
Created by the former lead programmer of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Terminal Velocity features a fast frame rate, realistic outdoor environments, and the unique ability to fly through tunnels and into underground caverns. Quite simply, Terminal Velocity is all about action, speed and destruction.
Terminal Velocity comes on CD-ROM only (the floppy disk version has been discontinued and is no longer available.) This version has everything: 70 Megs of 3D rendered cinematics, SVGA (640 by 480) support, high resolution replacement textures (add 16 times the graphics detail!), the BONUS planet!, eight network player support, and bonus games.
THE TERMINAL STORY
In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth, destroying crucial installations and major cities, Earth is quickly brought to its knees. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous crafts ever made. Currently, you're in the TV-202, a fighter few can handle. Given that the previous model, the TV-101, has chalked up more dead pilots than any experimental craft in history, many consider you lucky to be alive. You're outgunned, outmanned, and strapped into a flying coffin. But just think how good "Saved the Known Galaxy" will look on your resume'.
A RUSH OF FEATURES
Fast texture mapped 3D flight with full 360 degree movement.
9 planets and 27 levels to explore - with over 400,000 sq miles of terrain.
CD-ROM includes over 70 Mb of cinematics.
8 player network and 2 player modem support.
Non-stop air-to-air and air-to-ground realistic action and futuristic Comm-Bat.
Professional music soundtrack and fully digitized sound effects.
High resolution SVGA support.
Kick some asteroid!
"The 3D environments are simply breathtaking... the worlds are like nothing seen before in computer games."
-Computer Player, April '95
"It's a 3D vehicle shooter that's part Star Wars and part Descent."
-Computer Gaming World, March '95
"Terminal Velocity is a symphony of titillating action and g-force slurping excitement..."
-Strategy Plus, March '95
Contributed by Belboz (6486) on Nov 10, 2001.
- Super-fast texture mapped 3D flight with full 360 degree movement.
- 9 totally unique planets, with 3 levels per planet, and dozens of tunnels to explore! Over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain - incredibly large levels.
- 7 murderously destructive weapons, plus many other devastating power-ups.
- Non-stop air-to-air and air-to-ground realistic Comm-Bat’. Plus play multiplayer games in special Comm-Bat levels, which are specifically designed for multiplayer games.
- CD version has high detail textures with 16 times the detail, to reduce pixelization.
- Full digital music and sound effects (up to 44 KHz - real CD quality!).
- SVGA support (640 x 480 resolution). This is a Pentium’ recommended mode.
- 70 Mb of 3D rendered, full-motion, eye-candy cinematics (CD only).
- Supports modem, serial cable, and up to 8 player network games.
- DWANGO’ support too!
- RemoteRidicule’ allows players to send digitized voice messages to other players.
Take flight in this pure action game loaded with full-throttle excitement! Climb into Terminal Velocity now and you'll never go back to flight simulators that offer combat as an "option". Terminal Velocity IS combat! And without the difficult controls presented by all flight simulator style games.
Imagine flying at blazing speeds above an alien planet, demolishing ground targets with plasma beams, banking through a narrow canyon with enemy fighters hammering your shields with intense laser fire, dodging meteors crashing to the surface, diving into a tight tunnel leading to the planet's core, and confronting a huge mechanical beast ready to blast you away with heat seeking rockets! Don't imagine it anymore - experience it as you play Terminal Velocity.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contributed by Xantheous (1292) on Aug 04, 2001.
Strap yourself into a suicide machine!!
ASFAR (Alliance Of Space Faring Alien Races) is under attack. It's up to you to navigate 10 planets, 28 levels and over 400,00 sq. miles of terrain in search of your enemies.
You pilot a TV202, known for extremely fast 360° flight. Blow the hell out of a snowcat on the planet Ymir, blaze over the lava planet Ositsho and penetrate deep space defenses to destroy the Moon Dagger.
This game is so fast, it may be terminal. Play at your own risk.
Contributed by Aquaman (51) on Dec 30, 1999.