Is Tiger Woods the best golfer of all time?Get ready to settle that debate once and for all. Create a golfer using the most advanced Game Face technology ever released, and battle through five classic periods of golf with Tiger Woods and other legendssuch asJack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer challenging you every step of the way.
Back of Case - Playstation 2 (U.S.):
With new mini-games, 19 licensed golfers, and 12 authentic PGA TOUR® courses, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 06 challenges you to call out your rivals and prove yourself as the greatest golfer ever. Do you measure up, or are you just another municipal course duffer?
- All-new rival mode: Take on the legends of golf in the prime of their careers—on their terms. Do you have what it takes to beat Jack Nicklaus in his heyday with a bag full of wooden clubs or Tiger Woods with his modern-day equipment?
- New shot mechanics: For the first time, both analog sticks control each shot from tee to green. The left analog stick controls your swing, and the right analog Shape Stick dictates ball trajectory and putt strength.
- Called shots challenge: Back your challenges with wagers before any shot or round. Bigger odds are given to special accomplishments, so reap the largest rewards for nailing the toughest shots.
- New courses and golfers: Experience 15 beautifully detailed courses including Pebble Beach Golf Links, St Andrews, Reflection Bay, Doral Golf Resort, and more. Play as or against Tiger Woods and 16 other PGA TOUR players, including the newly added Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter, and Luke Donald.
- New gamebreaker meter: Build confidence to trigger Gamebreaker situations, and boost your power and accuracy by making great shots and posting low scores.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (11120) on Oct 11, 2010.
CALL OUT YOUR RIVALS
BECOME THE NO. 1 GOLFER OF ALL TIME
NEW DUAL ANALOG SWINGING & PUTTING
CALL YOUR SHOTS
ALL-NEW RIVALS MODE
Prove yourself as the greatest golfer of all time by taking on the legends in their heydays as Tiger Woods challenges you every step of the way.
NEW SHOT MECHANICS
Use both analog sticks for added putting realism and greater control of shot shaping.
PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE
Back your challenges with wagers before any shot or round-the tougher the accomplishment the bigger the reward.
NEW COURSES AND GOLFERS
Play as or against Tiger Woods and 14 other PGA TOUR® players on 11 licensed courses including Reflection Bay, Cog Hill, St. Andrews Golf Links, and more.
NEW GAMEBREAKER METER
Build confidence to trigger Gamebreaker situations, and boost your power and accuracy by making great shots and posting low scores.
TEE OFF ONLINE**
Join an online foursome and compete in tournament events featuring money lists, stat tracking, and league leaders
Contributed by Big John WV (24985) on Mar 16, 2009.
Compete to become the best golfer of all time - literally - in the latest update of EA Sports' club-
In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06, you'll attempt to prove that you're the "#1 Golfer of All Time",
playing against legends like Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Ben Hogan in their specific
eras, complete with equipment and clothing of the time. However, Tiger is also there and
chasing the same goal. It's your job to find him, stop him, and topple him as the top golfer of
Just like the real PGA TOUR, the key to a good shot is execution and precision. In Tiger
Woods PGA TOUR 06, both analog sticks are used to give more control than ever over
each shot. The left analog stick controls the backswing and downswing, while the right
analog stick, or "Shape stick", controls ball trajectory and spin. This increased strategy also
extends to putting, where you'll have to move the analog stick only as far as necessary to
make the putt.
Maintaining confidence is also key, as good or bad shots will increase or decrease a
Gamebreaker meter. Top it up, and you'll be able unleash longer shots with added
- Dual analog swing and putting uses both sticks to 'shape' shots
- Rivals Mode allows you to follow Tiger Woods through time, beating both his, and the
greatest golfers of each era's accomplishments, to become the "#1 Golfer Of All Time"
- Play with up to four players in Online Tournaments
Contributed by DreinIX (9426) on Feb 29, 2008.
Go for the green in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06.
Tiger takes on all rivals, especially you, if you can play your way up
to him in the newest version of the EA golf franchise.
All-new Rival Mode
New shot mechanics
New courses and golfers
New Gamebreaker meter
The putting game gets a facelift and EA has gone to a new swing coach,
but the goal is still the same: have a steady hand and drain the clutch
puts. In Tiger 2005, players got plenty of putting help, whether it was
from Tiger or the caddy. This year, it's up to gamers to read the greens
on their own. Where the putting game just got a little harder, the swing
control got a fine-tune upgrade. Now, you can use the C Stick to hit the
ball off-center and influence the trajectory of the shot.
You'll need all the spin you can muster as you take on the toughest
courses and players in the game. Can you master Pebble Beach, Cog Hill,
Doral and nine other licensed courses? Not only will you need to beat
the course, you must withstand runs from some of the game's great
finishers, like Vijay Singh and Chris DiMarco.
The ultimate challenge poses itself in Rival Mode. Prove yourself as the
greatest golfer of all time by taking on the legends in the prime of
their careers -- on their terms. Do you have what it takes to beat Jack
Nicklaus in his heyday with a bag full of wooden clubs or Tiger Woods
with his modern-day equipment? Ben Hogan and Arnold Palmer are also
waiting in line for a piece of you.
Just like Tiger, you can get on a roll and make the critical shot when
the tourney is on the line. The Gamebreaker meter fills with every good
shot that you make. When you get into a clutch situation and the meter
is filled, use the Gamebreaker ability to nail a tough shot and stick a
fork in your competition.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (49941) on Sep 27, 2005.