Written by  :  piltdown_man (151441)
Written on  :  Jul 06, 2018
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

This is not really a hidden object game

The Good

I really enjoyed this game. I played on the easy setting, used the hint system and skipped more puzzles than usual, well I played it when World Cup was on, and it still took a full day to complete so it's a decent length.

The artwork is good and the puzzles suitably devious. There is a great variety of puzzles in this game, there are more hidden object puzzles than any other kind, I didn't keep a count but overall I'd guess that they made up 25% of the total. There are devious lock puzzles, sliding block puzzles, mastermind type puzzles, a chess puzzle, combination puzzles, spot the difference puzzles, jigsaw type puzzles, puzzles that can only be solved by using inventory items, there's even a 'Tower of Hanoi' type puzzle.

The music is good, The bits I remember most I'd describe as sort of down-tempo ambient with a bit of classical, however it's described it really suited the game very well.

The artwork is very good throughout and suitably devious in the hidden object puzzles. So, to summarise, it looks good, sounds good, has a good variety of puzzles, plays well and there's plenty of it.

The Bad

There's not a lot to dislike really. I don't like being limited to a maximum of four hints but playing a mini-game to recharge my magical powers is no problem and was a break from puzzle solving.

The Bottom Line

If you like games that just have hidden object puzzles then this is probably not for you. There are plenty of hidden object puzzles but there's so much more.

If you like a wide variety of puzzles and a decently long game then give this a try