Timeline (Windows)

Educational
Setting
Misc
2.7
Written by  :  oh noz (5)
Written on  :  Jan 23, 2001
Rating  :  3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars
read more reviews by oh noz

Summary

It wasn't that bad! Huzzah!

The Good

I expected this game to suck. I really did. But after I had played it, I actually smiled, and wanted to play it again. This may have something to do with the length of the game, but it mostly has to do with the different things there are to do. Whether it's fighting off enemies using barrels that are close at hand, or taking a boat under the secret passage. I was having fun. The music was also very well done, and the main music had a theme, like in Shenmue, that you can recognize as the "main musical track", and when you here it, it makes you think of this game. The sound effects are awesome, and supports 4 speaker, so you really feel like you're getting into it. They got proffessionals to do the voice acting, so nothing is corny. The tour is also a really great plus. Oh, and did I mention that it came with the book which is one of Crichton's finest?

The Bad

I thought it was downright evil that the game only took an hour or two to beat. Before I knew it, it was over. Timeline studios, please make the next one longer, because you have the "fun" thing down pat. There were also a couple really wierd bugs, like on some computers, it didn't install right, and on some other ones, some of the colors game up as transparent. The game was also way too easy. While it might be great for kids, I could rip through this game without a sweat.

The Bottom Line

A short but fine piece of software, and while I recommend it, think about it first.