🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Tomb Raider II > Entry name

Plok (214112) on 3/4/2017 9:36 AM · Permalink · Report

Shouldn't we make use of a "taglined title" entry in the Alternate Titles section for the "Starring Lara Croft" bit? It was never part of the official game name, just a tagline, a blurb if you will. By example, there's a game from 2003 called Heaven & Hell that always has a tagline "Live and Let Die", but it's pushed to the Alternate Titles section there. I vote that the same should be done with TR2, so that the main entry's name only shows "Tomb Raider II". (Plus, it'll be easier to find.)

Rwolf (22826) on 3/4/2017 11:12 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I thought the US box title trumped all others?

Thinking about submitting a title correction for H&H now, the tagline is even included in the title in the blurb on the back cover! ;-)

Plok (214112) on 3/4/2017 11:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, but Lara Croft starred in all TR games before and after TR2, don't you agree? ;)

Besides, the naming policy in general results in complete shambles at times, and I'm probably the only one complaining on it for years.

Rwolf (22826) on 3/4/2017 12:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

...such an omission, maybe it should be added to all the others? :-)

I note also the original game uses the tag-line on the N-Gage platform: http://www.mobygames.com/game/ngage/tomb-raider

Googling for the 'starring lara croft' tag-line on it's own, there is no lack of other products using it, from hoodies to cardgames and comics.

...and in general, it seems many games here use such taglines 'game xx starring yy' - just search at moby for 'starring' and you'll see.