DescriptionTotal Immersion Racing is a simulation concentrating on the GT / GTS and PRO (prototypes) classes racing series. Since these are official racing classes the game simulates circuit racing only.
A whole racing breed is presented to the player consisting of 14 racing cars ranging between the GT / GTS and Prototypes (PRO) classes, modeled and detailed according to the real models.
12 circuits are available in total, like Silverstone, Monza, Hockenheim and Talheimring among others.
Only a few of the circuits and the cars are available on initiation and the rest get unlocked upon the completion of several races and challenges later in the game.
The player can play the game in four different modes: via the career mode, the quick race mode, the time trial mode and the challenge mode.
During the career mode one has to compete a full season starting in a low spec GT car. The objective in the career mode is to win the seasons in order to gain contracts with better car teams and get promoted through the three classes.
The challenges are unified type of races which means that they are either same model cup races, same manufacturing country, same class etc. Winning one challenge unlocks the next till all 30 available get won.
- "热力赛车" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Жажда Скорости" -- Russian spelling
- "TiR" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
|Another good racing game||SifouNaS (1317)|
|PC Action||Jan 14, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec 06, 2002||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Gamer UK||Jan, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|GameStar (Germany)||Dec, 2002||78 out of 100||78|
|IGN||Mar 27, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|4Players.de||Jan 26, 2003||70 out of 100||70|
|Imperium Gier||Mar 04, 2003||6.8 out of 10||68|
|GameZone||Dec 17, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Joystick (French)||Dec, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 11, 2002||11 out of 20||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Don't Make Them Mad (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Total Immersion Racing (October, 2003).)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Total Immersion Racing on the publisher's website, which provides an overview of the game, a trailer, a series of desktop wallpapers, a demo, and ordering information, among other such things.)
- Total Immersion Racing (Official Site)