Advertising BlurbsPress Release:
TRIBES®: VENGEANCE SHIPS TO RETAIL STORES IN THE US!
LOS ANGELES, CA - October 5, 2004 – Vivendi Universal Games announced today that their upcoming PC first-person action game Tribes®: Vengeance has shipped to retail stores in the United States.
Single-player and multi-player trial versions for Tribes: Vengeance and more information about the game can be found at the official website: http://www.tribesvengeance.com.
In Tribes: Vengeance gamers become immersed in a roiling galactic thriller. Throughout the game, the player catches glimpses of myriad interrelated stories that unfold behind-the-scenes and is given the opportunity to experience the full scope of the single-player story through multiple viewpoints and characters. Utilizing the all-new Vengeance Engine powered by Unreal’ technology, the world is brought to life with characters that have facial expressions and fully-realized personalities, vehicles that kick up dust as they pass by, and weapons that display spectacular effects. Tribes: Vengeance will also build upon the Tribes series’ legendary online multiplayer action by continuing to focus on team-oriented goals and fluid movement. Particular focus is being given to making Tribes: Vengeance easily accessible to the video game modification (MOD) community. Irrational Games and VU Games have worked together to ensure that Tribes: Vengeance’s game modification tools are easily accessible and robust.
About Vivendi Universal Games
Headquartered in Los Angeles, VU Games is a leading global developer, publisher and distributor of multi-platform interactive entertainment. Its development studios and publishing labels include Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment, Fox Interactive and Massive Entertainment. VU Games’ library of over 700 titles features multi-million unit selling properties such as Warcraft®, StarCraft® and Diablo® from Blizzard Entertainment®; Crash Bandicoot®, Spyro The Dragon’, Ground Control®, Empire Earth®, Tribes® and Leisure Suit Larry’.
Contributed by Xoleras (66117) on Nov 22, 2005.
The Empire and the Tribes have been split asunder.
The Empire and the Tribes have been split asunder. They fight as much over land and resources as they fight for revenge - the endless war has begun. But when a war spans generations, it becomes a mother's quest to discover the truth about the conflict, and a daughter's duty to break free from the cycle of vengeance.
The first ever Tribes single-player experience. Play as multiple characters across two generations of a family at war.
Physics and movement system seamlessly integrates jet-packing, running, skiing and piloting into one dynamic experience.
New weapons and vehicles add to the classic Tribes arsenal and guarantee a fight like no other.
Powered by an enhanced Unreal (’) Engine, stunning all-new visuals take you into a never-before-seen chapter of Tribes history.
Battle in vast locations, from underground caverns to the ruins of forgotten cities, from acid wastelands to the mighty Coliseums.
Contributed by Xoleras (66117) on Mar 18, 2005.
The Reign of Chaos Has Begun
- Soar into Battle - Powered by Unreal’ technology, the all-new Vengeance Engine lets you seamlessly jetpack, ski and pilot your way through the most savage battles on land and in the air.
- Extreme Multiplayer Action - New immersive battlegrounds ranging from subterranean caverns to majestic coliseums, challenging new battle games, and all-new team strategies let you engage up to 32 players in an online tactical warfare experience unlike any other.
- Compelling Single-Player Campaign - In an innovative story format, you'll take on the roles of six different characters in the first-ever Tribes single-player campaign, a twisted tale spanning two generations and 15 levels of treachery, vengeance and war for the Imperial family.
- All-New Weapons and Vehicles - Blast your way through the opposition with devastating new weapons like the Rocket Pod and Grappler, and powerful new vehicles like the all-terrain Rover and Assault Ship.
- Vast Customization Options - Personalize your Tribes experience with enhanced customization features for comprehensive control and unparalleled replayability. Innovative, easy-to-use mapmaking tools let you design your own battlefields.
Tribes® is back with a vengeance. The ultimate high-flying, multiplayer battle experience returns with deadly new weapons, faster and more versatile flight, in-depth strategic team action, and the first-ever Tribes single-player campaign. On a relentless quest for revenge, the warrior princess Julia must unravel a bloody mystery that threatens to destroy the Empire. Through the eyes of six different characters on multiple timelines, this exciting and new single-player campaign immerses you in all the violent history at the heart of the Tribes universe.
Contributed by Xoleras (66117) on Nov 19, 2004.