Less than 200 arcade games needed to reach our current MobyGoal of 1,500 documented arcade titles!

Tropico (Windows)

Teen
Written by  :  James Walter (242)
Written on  :  Jul 27, 2001

read more reviews by James Walter

Summary

It would have been better if there had been more scenarios to play on

The Good

The music was certainly good and the graphics were excellent. There was also a lot of information about the people on your island. Each person had their own name, country of birth, house and family. When I first saw this amount of detail, I thought that this game could be worth the £30 I paid for it. However, I was wrong.

The Bad

The limited number of maps available. You can either create your own island are play one of the ingame scenarios. I played a couple of the scenarios (there are only six in total) and created a couple of my own islands and after this I got a bit tired.

The Bottom Line

Overall, the idea for the game was good: run a small Carribean island for anything up to 70 years. The information available for each person was also outstanding. However, the limited number of game worlds meant that the replayability of the game was relativley low. Perhaps I should have payed £20 instead of £30 or perhaps I shouldn't have bought it at all.