Ultima Collection (Windows)

3.3
Written by  :  TheNightWalker (16)
Written on  :  Aug 17, 2004
read more reviews by TheNightWalker

Summary

The Ultima Collection

The Good

With this amazing package you get Akalabeth (Richard's first game) and ultima I-VIII. Every PC should have the ultima collection. Im not going to review each game for it will take to long. But for just a recap ultima is one of most popular long running CRPG's in history. The series ran for 2 decades which started out as white lines in zip lock bags to a detailed and simulated world. In the package, it also includes interviews with Richard Garriott explaining each ultima game and a utlima atlas.

The Bad

Their are a couple things that bothered me in this collection. First is that they didn't include Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 or Savage Empire and Martian Dreams. they didn't put any midi music on the old ultima games and ultima VII and VIII won't run on windows. But ultima fans made programs(exult) and patches that makes sound possible and ultima VII and VIII run on windows. Another thing that bothered me is that they had the remake of Ultima I I would prefer the old black and white graphics since I like to play the originals.

The Bottom Line

So if you never played an ultima game before, I suggest you buy this collection and experience the awesome land of Brittania.