Unreal Tournament 2004
DevelopmentOriginally, Epic had planned compatibility between Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004, but during development, Tim Sweeney said the network code had changed too much for the games to remain compatible.
German versionIn the German version, all blood and gore effects were removed.
- Apple Design Awards
- 2004 - Best Mac OS X Entertainment Product
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Shooter (Multiplayer) of the Year
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Darren's Broken Keyboard Award
- 2004 – #6 Game of the Year
- 2004 - Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2004 – #3 PC Game of the Year
- 2004 – PC Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2004 - Best Value of the Year (PC)
- 2004 - Mod of the Year (PC) (for Alien Swarm)
- PC Gamer
- April 2005 - #30 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
Contributed by Sciere (217832) on Mar 18, 2004. [revised by : Cantillon (12899) and MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89485)].