Forums > Game Forums > V-Rally: Edition 99 > Pending correction

Corn Popper (69027) on 10/25/2010 8:42 PM · Permalink · Report

So there is a couple corrections here... one to merge this whole thing with http://www.mobygames.com/game/need-for-speed-v-rally

another is to split the windows version and merge that with http://www.mobygames.com/game/need-for-speed-v-rally

Which if either is correct here?

vedder (70767) on 10/26/2010 8:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Bleh, it definitely looks like I'm partly to blame for this mess, so I'll try to sort it out as well.

We have the following games on file:

• "Need for Speed: V-Rally" for PlayStation (alt titles approved: V-Rally Championship Edition (JPN) and V-Rally (EU)
  • "V-Rally 97 Championship Edition" for PlayStation
  • "V-Rally Edition 99" for Windows and N64 (alt titles approved: V-Rally: Multiplayer Championship Edition (EU win)

I did some additional research this morning. This is what I think it should be:

• There's only 1 PlayStation game. US name: Need For Speed: V-Rally, Japanese name: V-Rally: Championship Edition, EU name: V-Rally 97: Championship Edition (This is backed up by VGR)
  • There's a PC version: V-Rally Multiplayer Championship Edition
  • There's a N64 version: V-Rally Edition 99

I'll look into the differences between the PSX, Windows and N64 versions tonight to see if any game needs their own entries or need to be merged. Stay tuned.

vedder (70767) on 10/26/2010 7:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Roms and YouTube movies of the PlayStation version confirm my impression of only a single PlayStation version of the game with three different regional titles.

According to the Power Unlimited review the N64 version is NOT a direct copy. It does have the same tracks, but graphics are slightly different and the included cars are updated to the new season.

Since the Windows version was released around the same time or after the N64 version, I assume it also features the updated car license.

So in short:

Both PlayStation versions should be merged under "Need for Speed: V-Rally" with alt titles: "V-Rally Championship Edition" (Japanese Title) and "V-Rally 97 Championship Edition" (European Title) The alt title "V-Rally" should be removed)

The N64 and PC version can remain together as is. The "European" part can be dropped from the alt title description.

vedder (70767) on 10/26/2010 7:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh, and this might be a bug, I pulled my pending correction for V-Rally Edition 99 and now the other guy's correction (barbarian bros??) doesn't seem to be pending anymore either :S

Either pulling my correction also pulled his or he pulled his correction within the minute of me, which seems highly improbable.

Corn Popper (69027) on 10/26/2010 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

nah, that's a feature to lessen the amount corrections ;)

I'll let Brian know

Crawly (1417) on 10/27/2010 2:54 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Do the differences between the PSX and N64/PC versions really justify seperate entries?

They seem relatively minor (and the graphic quality difference is pretty normal considering the different capabilities of the systems).

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 10/27/2010 9:02 PM · Permalink · Report

By these stringent standards, I don't imagine we could ever list the ZX Spectrum and Amiga versions of a game as being the same game.