DescriptionVenice: Fortune and Glory in the City of the Doges
is a online-only managerial simulation set in the 15/16th century (the in-game timeline began in 1499). In other online games the player reaches after experience points and level-ups - in this game the goals are wealth, respect and political influence.
There are basically two job categories: producers (of one good, e.g. bricks or olives) and traders, both keep the economic cycle alive. The producers sell their goods on the market place to other producers which need it as resource for their own production (e.g. olives for olive oil) or to traders. Large amounts can be traded in the stock market. When initiated the production of a good is carried on automatically (every hour represents two days) - this means the player only has to be online to change the settings and to trade.
If the player has made enough money he can take care of other human needs. Social respect is earned by having a large art collection. This include paintings, sculptures, furniture and jewellery which can be purchased at auctions or antique dealers. At regular intervals the richest people of Venice (speak: the most successful players) elect a city council which in turn elects the Doge. He is the most important man of Venice and has various additional tasks, e.g. setting the tax.
- "Venise: Gloire et Fortune à la Cité des Doges" -- French title
- "Venezia: Ruhm und Reichtum in der Stadt der Dogen" -- German title
- "Venezia: Fortuna e Gloria nella Città dei dogi" -- Italian title
- "Venetië: roem en rijkdom in de Dogenstad maak" -- Dutch title
- "Venedig: Rikedom och ära i dogernas stad" -- Swedish title
- "Venecia: Gloria y Fortuna en la Ciudad de los Dogos" -- Spanish title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Patrick Bregger (85369)
on Aug 02, 2009.