DescriptionVictoria: An Empire Under the Sun takes players to the Victorian era (1835 to 1920), in which time they can direct their nation in the fields of diplomacy, warfare, economy, industrialization, colonization, technological research and politics.
There is somewhat more micro-management in this game, compared to Europa Universalis releases. The economy model in the game is rather complex and often takes precedence over military strategy. The game is all about re-creating world history according to the players' wishes, with a healthy set of events to either support or go against them.
- "ヴィクトリア 太陽の沈まない帝国" -- Japanese spelling
- "Виктория" -- Russian spelling
- "Vikoriya: Imperiya Pod Solnzem" -- Russian title
- "Victoria: Taiyou no Shizumanai Teikoku" -- Japanese title
- "Vicky" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Boomtown||Dec 08, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|Clubic||Dec 30, 2003||90|
|Game Captain||Jan 29, 2004||75 out of 100||75|
|GameStar (Germany)||Feb, 2004||73 out of 100||73|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 30, 2004||14 out of 20||70|
|GameZone||Dec 09, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 2004||60|
|Withingames||Oct 25, 2003||3 out of 5||60|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Dec 11, 2003||40|
|GameSpy||Dec 30, 2003||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Paradox Entertainment: Victoria (Official site)
- VickyWiki (A very informative site, containing a lot of help for beginners and even experts)