4 out of 5 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by POMAH
SummaryTrue wheelman jumps from one vehicle to another on the run
The GoodVin Diesel is best known for his roles in cool action blockbuster movies with smoking guns, fast chases, and beautiful women. All such items are present in this game as well. Set in Barcelona, events involve the traditions and characters of this nice city: female flamenko dancer, Dominican gangs, Romanian thugs and local mobsters, narrow and wide streets filled with architecture specific for this city along with underground subway. The plot of the game is simple, but it is shown with nice between-the-missions animations. The most memorable twists of the game itself are: an ability to change the cars - Vin Diesel (as Milo Burick) may jump from one vehicle to another not stopping them, and an ability to break other cars, sliding on the road.
The BadThere is a list of the flaws:
- Milo can't jump while he is walking/running, but he can jump from one car to another while driving;
- Milo can't swim and fly, and there is no on-water vehicles to drive as well as in-air vehicles to pilot;
- multiple side missions (Taxi, King of the Road, Anger, etc.) do not influence on main game plot anyhow;
- there is no influence of Milo's character stats (experience, fatigue, endurance, etc.) as well as the stats of the cars seem unchanged with side missions successful completion;
- some side missions may be completed successfully only with certain kinds of vehicles ("you should choose them wisely" as developers proposed), but there is no stats of the vehicles to "wisely" choose from, and the final selection is strongly based on the player's intuitive in-game experience, while driving this car or that bike;
- there is no true love story between Milo and female flamenko dancer;
- there is no true achievements to reach, and the re-playability of the game is extremely low.