Advertising BlurbsPress Release:
SIRTECH ANNOUNCES WIZARDRY 8 RELEASE DATEOttawa, CANADA, October 17, 2001 – Sirtech Canada Limited today announced their eagerly anticipated title, Wizardry 8, will become available at retail stores across the USA and Canada on November 15, 2001.
Fans have long awaited information about the release date of Wizardry 8. “We remain completely committed to bringing Wizardry 8 to market and supporting the release so that our fans can experience the best role-playing has to offer,” said Linda Currie, Project Leader.
“We have a game with such depth of content that trying to encompass its features in a press announcement is incredibly difficult,” said Linda Currie. “Wizardry 8 truly is a game unlike any other.”
Some of the product highlights include truly intelligent creatures, character formations, complete flexibility between phased and continuous combat modes, and a magic system with over 100 spells with unique targeting characteristics that make for a combat experience that exceeds anything previously seen. Fifteen character classes and 11 character races, dozens of skills, and tons of character dialogue are just part of the detailed character development system. Intriguing quests, an in-depth story, fantastic locations and vibrant characters with a totally unique interaction system to interface with them, work to create a game that will keep players hooked. With hundreds of creatures, a rich and varied arsenal of items, spectacular 3D graphics and special effects, Wizardry 8 takes role-playing games to the next level.
Four years in the making, Wizardry 8 offers exceptionally robust entertainment value to role-playing gamers. “We have devoted numerous, very extensive quality assurance testing periods to this product that spanned over 18 months. We can assure consumers that they will have a hassle free playing experience that won’t be plagued by the kinds of bugs seen in so many other game releases.” Said Linda Currie, “Nothing was more important to us than this!”
Sybex will release the official Wizardry 8 clue book simultaneously with the software release. This book provides a fascinating compilation of facts, background, and puzzle solutions. “Wizardry 8 is a substantial game with a lot of optional sub-quests. With multiple ways to complete the game, the official Wizardry 8 clue book will be a useful tool to learn about the various nuances found in the game.” said Linda Currie.
Concluding her interview remarks, Linda Currie explained “I am grateful to our many fans for the patience they have shown while this title was in development. At the end of the day, you will find it has been worth the wait. Thank you, from all of us at Sirtech, for the support you have given us throughout all of our years.”
Contributed by Jeanne (75589) on May 21, 2004.
Prepare to become a GodThe universe is on the brink of change. Vast forces are preparing for the final confrontation. A small group of heroes from afar must plunge into this storm, uncover forgotten secrets, and bring about the new era. If they succeed, they will gain the powers of the gods themselves. If they fail, countless worlds will fall into the grip of the never-ending darkness...
Welcome to Wizardry 8.
Enter a world of intrigue and wonder. Unravel a vast, non-linear storyline. Battle your way to victory using your swords, your magic, and your wits. Compete with rivals or align with allies as you struggle to Ascend to the Cosmic Circle. Then confront the ultimate evil: the dreaded Dark Savant.
"Admirably goes above and beyond what even veteran fans could reasonably have expected" - Gamespot
Contributed by Jeanne (75589) on Feb 15, 2004.
- Explore a vast 3D world filled with action, magic, and adventure. Wander through the dark dungeons, lush landscapes, scorching volcanoes, and even beneath the sea.
- Create you own custom party of adventurers. Make a gnome gadgeteer, a lizardman fighter, a rawulf lord or even a faerie ninja. The possibilities are endless!
- Choose a custom personality for each character and hear them speak over 100 lines of dialogue. Kindly or chaotic, burly or surly - how your characters act is up to you.
- Talk to dozens of intelligent characters. How you treat them determines whether they become powerful allies or deadly enemies.
- Battle over 300 types of monsters in some of the most intense combat ever seen in a RPG. The unique auto targeting system makes combat easy to learn, while the huge number of strategies adds unprecedented depth.
- Advanced creature A.I brings a new level of realism to RPGs. You don't just hunt the monsters - the roaming monsters hunt you.
- Cast over 100 spells using a unique power level system that guarantees that no spell ever becomes obsolete.
The Legend is Back
The series that set the standard for fantasy role-playing is back with a vengeance. Wizardry 8 introduces new players to the excitement, immersiveness, and depth that made Wizardry one of the best-selling, best-loved series of all time.
Contributed by Rambutaan (432) on Jun 21, 2002.