5 out of 5 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by POMAH
SummaryMysterious life of Chinese girls in San Francisco is investigated by local feminists in another masterpiece of Jane Jensen
The Good1) The detective story is great. Even if it is shown mostly in comics art-style, it gives a very strong smell of female detective investigation.
2) The problems of Western feminists to understand the Oriental (Chinese, this time) women's style of life are shown perfectly.
3) Chinese mafia "Triad" is not seen, but their presence is felt.
4) Very colorful static graphics.
5) Chinese in San Francisco theme is attractive.
6) The basics of the investigator's work are educative for those who is not familiar with it.
The Bad1) No voice-overs.
2) Too much hints to solve the find-this-item puzzle, that make this game too easy to walk through.
3) Repetitive questions for find-the-common-word puzzle.
4) Too easy game that may be finished in no more than 2-3 hours without any hint used and all text read.
5) Why the girls did not find the murder's branding tool?
6) No sex scenes to clearly understand the real job of the Lotus club's graduating students and to entertain the male game players.
7) No animations such as lip-synth, come-to-place, between-the-scenes except the comics art-style.
8) Very straight-forward investigation that makes it rather interactive book than a game.