Worms Armageddon (Windows)

Written by  :  Quackbal (47)
Written on  :  Sep 03, 2006

read more reviews by Quackbal

Summary

So frustrating! Ahhhh!

The Good

I'm cringing while writing this - I LOVE the new features, including the new weapons, new utilities and the upgraded engine. Don't get me wrong, they are brilliant - but ...

The Bad

... MOST OF THEM ARE LOCKED AWAY UNTIL YOU COMPLETE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE SECTIONS OF THE GAME! Team17 have admitted that they locked a lot of features away in order to stop the interface cluttering - This I STRONGLY disagree with, as much of the ability to customize that was seen in Worms 2 is no longer present, and you have to be spoon-fed a lot of the features without any ability to edit them. This makes me rather annoyed, as I'm a Worms fan (not very good at the game though!) - I don't want to have to stick to Team17's preference to how I play the game!

The Bottom Line

In conclusion, it's a somewhat wasted game, as all of the nice features must be unlocked and this is pretty frustrating. Worms 2 with this games engine would be perfect - too bad it'll never happen.